Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colostomy

Default Colostomy

Hi All,

Just thought I'd ask on the off chance that someone has tried to migrate with a Colostomy / Ileostomy?

I had Panproctocolectomy (removal of large Bowel etc) due to ulcerative colitis. Since the op in 2002 I have been fit and well and have not had a day off sick (non due to bowel!).

We are really concerned about my medical and dreading getting turned down.

Also luckily have a military pension letter stating that they will pay for any medications or products for my life, so would not be a burden on the system!!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Tim.

Can't help you on that one Tim but the key is about being a burden on the system.

You should certainly go into the move anticipating that the immigration medical advisors might want some more info/tests so if you are going down the ITA and PR route allow plenty of time.

Best of luck anyway.

Kim

Hi Kim,

Thanks for your reply.

That's what we have been thinking; we are planning to go on the medical armed with letters from my consultant and military letter explaining prescription payments etc.

Can't help worrying though.

Tim.

I don't think it will be a problem, they are really looking for things that will be a large financial burden on the system. As the removal of your colon effectively "cures" you from the colitis they shouldn't be expecting large bill due to a chronic illness anymore.

Good luck!

Hi
    Thanks for the reply, that is our thoughts, and just what we wanted to hear.
    There is so much to sort out and worry about.

Tim G

Will be interested as my daughter also had large bowle removed due to genetic condition butis in good health otherwise - going for our medicals on
    19th Feb 08 - so will let you know how we get on.

EOI selected 22/11/07
    ITA 31/12/07

Default Re Colostomy Medical

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, it has taken a while for me to get back as I have been working on nights.

Would love to know how you get on, we really wish you all the luck in the world.

Tim and Family

Question Colostomy

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie View Post
    Will be interested as my daughter also had large bowle removed due to genetic condition butis in good health otherwise - going for our medicals on
    19th Feb 08 - so will let you know how we get on.

EOI selected 22/11/07
    ITA 31/12/07
    Hi again Bernie,

Just wondering how everything went with your medicals?

Hope all is well.

Tim & Michelle.

Have submitted our ITA and have got a reply from case officer saying that medicals have been referred to the medical assessor - its just a waiting game now .
    Will let you know

Bernie

My daughters medical has been declined as the ongoing check ups that she will need will cost more than the NZ$ 25000 in her lifetime. We now have to apply for a medical waiver and am not holding my breath.

Hope you have better luck.

Bernie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast