Thread: Cheapest way to ship goods back home

Default Cheapest way to ship goods back home

Hi there everyone
    Just said goodbye to my parents who have returned to the uk after spending 2 months with us here in Raumati.We have had a great time showing off our wonderful new country and my parents have remarked how wonderfully friendly and helpful everyone seems!
    Unfortunately, the first unfriendly , unhelpful 'more than my job's worth' Kiwi they met was the Air new zealand guy who checked them in for their flight at Wellington! They were 14 kg over their limit and he asked for $900 in excess baggage! My parents are both in their late 70's and the attitude of this upset them greatly.They were obviously upset enough at leaving the family and he treated them appalingly.Anyway, they took out 7 kg of stuff including a brand new electric frying pan(!) and took the bags to a different member of staff and she didn't bat an eyelid at them being 7kg over!
    Anyway , my question is 'what is the cheapest way to ship over their excess baggage, ? It weighs 7.5 kg and in dollar terms is worth about $150.
    I would be interested in anyone elses experience of being over weight!
    Thanks as always
    Denise

You could try Fedex. We have found it much cheaper and more reliable than standard postal service for larger parcels.

Denise, i cannot help you as regards shipping the items back, but just wanted to say how appalled i was at the Air NZ guy - i am sorry, even though they were over, there is a way to speak to people, and i would have to report him!

I hope your parents are ok, i know how my parents in law would feel if it was them, especially after a lovely time with you and your family, they didnt need it.

I do hope that you find some way of getting it back to them and as cheap as possible.

Good luck

Sharon
    x

Default just a thought

Maybe a forumite visiting the UK soon could carry the items for you -- might be worth posting the question on a new thread. This forum is full of people who help each other anytime they can. It's amazing.