Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What was your container transit time from US to NZ?

Default What was your container transit time from US to NZ?

A lot of searching ENZ failed to turn up an answer to this question. So here goes!

For those of you who have moved from the US to NZ, how long did it take for your container to arrive? I'm most interested in answers from those who chose door to door service. How long from doorstep to doorstep? Also looking for those who moved to Wellington. When you respond, kindly tell me your US state of origin, and NZ city of arrival.

For reference: we're moving from Montana to Welly.

A big thanks!!!

12 weeks WV to Wellington.
    The time seems to vary with shipping company as much as anything.
    We used UPakWeShip. They were excellent!

Yes! Please also share which company you used, and what volume you sent. so:

US state
    NZ city
    shipping co
    volume (1/2 20 ft container, whole 20 ft, etc)

Washington
    Wellington
    Ranier/NZ van lines on this end
    20 foot sole use container
    13 weeks, if it really does come in the next week. It sat in the port of Wellington for 7 days with me calling NZ van lines everyday to say that the ship had arrived and could they please let me know when to expect it to be delivered? Got NO calls back, finally contacted the person at Ranier and had an email reply from NZ Van lines the next day. Still waiting for it to clear customs, which is that much more frustrating because we went round to NZ van lines and did all the paperwork a week before the container got here so that they could submit it promptly! Still waiting to see the container... but I know it's in lower hutt now, that is closer.

We did warehouse to port with UPakWeShip. It was ~6 weeks from Austin to Wellington.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
    Washington
    Wellington
    Ranier/NZ van lines on this end
    20 foot sole use container
    13 weeks, if it really does come in the next week. It sat in the port of Wellington for 7 days with me calling NZ van lines everyday to say that the ship had arrived and could they please let me know when to expect it to be delivered? Got NO calls back, finally contacted the person at Ranier and had an email reply from NZ Van lines the next day. Still waiting for it to clear customs, which is that much more frustrating because we went round to NZ van lines and did all the paperwork a week before the container got here so that they could submit it promptly! Still waiting to see the container... but I know it's in lower hutt now, that is closer.
    Yikes- we're using Rainer and they are coming next week. I wonder if they always use NZ van lines on the other side. Do you think the delay is with customs or with NZ Van lines?

Did groupage (1 pallet) with UPAK/Carotrans. Dropped it off mid September and got it delivered (after a little hassle and shipping to a new destination) early/mid November. I guess maybe 8-10 weeks.
    Portland, OR->Originally to Welly, ended up in ChCh.

Moved from: Chicago suburbs

Moved to: Wellington area

Container packed up and left: 27 Sep 2007

Container passed through customs and MAF inspection (MAF insp was at our house, just specified boxes): 30 Nov 2007

Container size: 40' sole use

If you are getting a container shipped to the South Island, where is the port location?

Thanks for the feedback, helps out us still stuck in the US.
    lol

Christchurch, into Lyttelton. It may also be trucked to you from wherever

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast