Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question re. Police Clearance Form 3019B

Default Question re. Police Clearance Form 3019B

Hi all

I've just downloaded Form 3019B off the Met Police website and hope someone can clarify one minor point... there's a small section approx. 1/3rd of the way down the form where it says:

"If you require information held on the Police National Computer about Prosecutions, Convictions and Cautions History, tick here"

... as far as I'm aware I've none of these but should I be ticking this box?

http://www.met.police.uk/dataprotection/forms.htm

Thanks
    Last edited by Red Devil; 29th January 2008 at 03:40 AM.

Yes tick that box as that is the info that NZIS wants. Leave the "other than cautions, convictions........" blank as you do not require anything else.

At least this is what we did.

Hope that helps

Helen

We also scribbled on the form somewhere that the info was required for immigration application - made us feel a but less like we had something to hide!

... that's great, thanks very much Just didn't want to send an incorrect form off and then get a reply back in 6 weeks saying it was filled out wrong... right, I'm off to the post office

Thanks again.

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works.....

We also looked at the local Police certificate form in our area which was more to do with data protection rather than immigration. The fee was attractive at £10! Then we found a link from the NZIS site to the ACPO site, with a police certificate form that costs £35/person which is geared towards the immigration process. Have not completed either yet but it would be good if anyone can clarify?

Please see the attached links....

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...cate/uv/uk.htm

http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp

Mmmm, I'd like clarification too before the forms go off in the post this weekend

It seems odd, as the Form 3019B states that it's for the purpose of immigration

Heeeeeeelp

I recall we only paid £10 each a couple of years ago. Maybe things have changed?

Maybe someone that is already further on down the process and in touch with an immigration officer can clarify please?

Quote Originally Posted by radlad View Post
    Sorry to throw a spanner in the works.....

We also looked at the local Police certificate form in our area which was more to do with data protection rather than immigration. The fee was attractive at £10! Then we found a link from the NZIS site to the ACPO site, with a police certificate form that costs £35/person which is geared towards the immigration process. Have not completed either yet but it would be good if anyone can clarify?

Please see the attached links....

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...cate/uv/uk.htm

http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp
    Interesting, certainly the data protection subject access search form that you had to fill in was suitable for immigration and AFAIK still is. This was the only form that was available from the Police in the UK that could be used for the purpose of immigration.

Now recently, this new certificate has been mentioned on the forum for those that want or need to get their police certificates more quickly as the other form can take 40 days to process.

As NZIS had to accept the old form because that was the only one available and the new form is only running as a trial at the moment, then I suspect that either form will be fine at this time, but I would guess that at some point only the new form will be acceptable.

Not sure if my comments actually help much but at least they explain the history of the forms.

Ian

Thanks for your input Ian, it certainly clears up the history. I guess either will do for now until we are told otherwise - just depends on how quickly you want the response!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast