Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping boxes from US to NZL

Default Shipping boxes from US to NZL

hi there. i know there's a thread somewhere, but god knows if i can find it. i have some stuff i have to ship from the US (New York). i know USPS has killed off its surface options but is there another shippers i can use to send a box or two over to Auckland that wont cost an arm and a leg

many many thanks in advance..

I will be curious to find out when you find out! I used to ship things via US postal surface ground option. It was great. I would come back to the States and do a bunch of shopping for stuff I didn't need for 8 weeks and it was pretty cheap to ship back. BUT they have eliminated that option and now you can only send things priority mail...that happened around Christmas time....maybe it was just a holiday thing?

I'm also interested to know the answer. Out of curiosity today I priced shipping on a generic 10lb package, from UPS and DHL. $200-$250! Wow.

The US postal service is your best bet and you used to be able to get a price online although I just did a quick look and I can't find the place...The other shipping companies are crazy expensive...

We paid $100 to ship one box through the USPS. They have perminantly ended the surface mail option. Even M-bags that used to be able to send books are basically now done at a crazy expensive rate.

What about an excess baggage place?

My friend used UPACWESHIP I think it was called, and sent a pallet.

wow. i got a hold of UPAKWESHIP and they quoted US $450 for one gross cubic meter (35 gross cubic feet). AND that was with me delivering to their Jersey warehouse. are they having a laugh? what is this world coming to when you cant send a parcel without having to mortgage your house?

try UPS freight

I should add that I got a quote off of the UPS freight site for about 6 boxes (more than 1 cubic meter) more than 300 lbs and it was about $500. BUT it would take about a week and that includes insurance and fuel charges and whatnot.

thanks for that dilanium. i'll look into it. i dont really need a full cubic meter, so might be perfect

no problem- when you go to the UPS site click on shipping estimate and just make sure you select freight instead of the other options.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast