Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CV Format - see what a good CV in terms of NZ should look like

Good lord! I have 9+ years of relevant experience at 3 companies with a wide range of responsibilities at each and I'd be hard pressed to fill 2 pages. I've been trained to keep my resume short and to the point for positions in the US. How on earth am I going to come up with 8 pages? By adding my early retail jobs? Telling long stories about my personal life and hobbies?

Any samples would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    How on earth am I going to come up with 8 pages? By adding my early retail jobs? Telling long stories about my personal life and hobbies?
    I've had real problems with this. But to be honest, only one recruitment agent has actually asked me to expand my 2 page UK CV.

I ended up feeling like I repeated myself, and didn't think that would come across as very competent.

In the end, I just changed some formatting, added some things, took some off, and ended up with 3 pages.

How successful that was remains to be seen, I'm waiting for an HR dept to come back to me to tell me that they've checked my references and they will offer me the job...

Daniela

Smile

Thank you so much for that link Ian, I had been searching for a 'typical NZ CV' and that is exactly what I needed.

Now all I need to do is tweek mine and get a job offer! Simple

Jeannie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12