Thread: police check certificate in wales, UK

Default police check certificate in wales, UK

HI,
    I live in Cardiff, UK. Could somebody tell me how to proceed to get police check done.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arya View Post
    HI,
    I live in Cardiff, UK. Could somebody tell me how to proceed to get police check done.
    Thanks
    You now have two options for getting a police certificate for use with NZ immigration from the UK.

Up until recently it wasn't actually possible to get a police certificate in the UK, you had to instead ask for subject access details under the data protection act instead, which NZIS accept as there was no other option, things have recently changed though:-

The first (cheapest and slowest) option is to go to your local police station or website and ask for data protection subject access form which you have to fill in and send off some identification with and should cost £10.

Or a new option, go to ACPO Police Certificates and download and fill in this form and again send off identification etc. This option is quicker and more expensive (£35) and looks to be more appropriate.

Ian

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the info. could you also tell me why ACPO is better. Is it more acceptable, should I rather go for this than the normal police check?

Thanks for the info. could you also tell me why ACPO is better. Is it more acceptable, should I rather go for this than the normal police check?
    It would appear that the police have finally decided to produce a certificate specifically for immigration purposes in particular for NZ.

I would expect that NZIS will start asking for this in preference to the other form at some point.

At the moment though, it doesn't matter which form you use, so you can choose between the slow cheap option or the fast expensive one.

Ian

hi - i rang 0121 626 5417 left my details on the answer phone and 2 days later the subject access form arrived through my letter box for me to fill in

I downloaded the forms off the police force website, I'm not sure if each police force have this facility though but it is much easier.

HI,
    Thanks

Hi

We are originally from Neath, and applied for PR when we came over. I applied to Neath Police station, who gave me an address in Cardiff way if i remember to send money and paperwork to. I will try and look for the link for you. Took about28 days if i remember right.

Sharon

We moved here from Cardiff in 06. At the time, we downloaded the forms from the South Wales Police website http://www.south-wales.police.uk/fe/...asp?n1=2&n2=66 and took them to Fairwater station. The found out our eldest needed one too and took that to Whitchurch station (we lived in Radyr). All very straightforward and took a lot less than the specified timing to come through.
    Gil