Thread: Unaccompanied luggage

Default Unaccompanied luggage

Has anyone every sent unaccompanied luggage with the airlines - how reliable are they and how long does it take to get the luggage

Thanks again
    Jayne

I've used it and had no problem - arrived within 3 days.

I've just been making enquiries again and was advised to send the unaccompanied baggage off a few days in advance to increase the likelihood of it being there when I arrive.

Apparently they say it will take no more than 10 days (have to wait for space on a plane not just put it on the first one out).

Just telephone the cargo department related with the airline you are flying with for quotes and information.

If you haven't chosen an airline yet then call a few as their prices can differ significantly.

In the UK, Singapore airlines Cargo people recommended Key Air which is a separate company that works with a number of airlines to send unaccompanied baggage.

They apparently have good reviews.

Maybe there is something similar in South Africa

Thanks so much for that advise - we wondered whether it would be better to pay with Emirates to allow us the extra baggage or send it as unaccompanied - so will now look into it again.

Thanks for the help

cheaper as unaccompanied rather than as extra baggage (by a huge amount)