Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Junior Football standard of coaching, availability of teams/coaching, is it played at school or after school?

Default Junior Football standard of coaching, availability of teams/coaching, is it played at school or after school?

I just wondered how many of the people already in NZ had children playing football on a regular basis and what you if any thoughts you had on it i.e. standard of coaching, availability of teams/coaching, is it played at school or after school as in the U.K and anything else you can think of.

The other thing is that I understand that some sports stop having teams outside of school after 13 years old, if this is correct, why is this? Some teams still seem to cater for older but generally not.

All thought welcome.

BUMP!!!!

Or do I get an award for finding a topic no one has any views on?

There are loads of young kids playing soccer, my friends hubby has been coaching a team for the last year, generally a weekday evening coaching session with matches held on saturday mornings, but these are in soccer clubs rather than schools, cant help you with what schools do.

I am interested in understanding how the whole kids footie thing works there both inside and outside of school. Any info kindly received as have two footie mad kids!

I would be intersted in this as well - have a 18 year old on who is mad about soccer and would love to play or get into a club once he gets to NZ - which is in about 6 weeks.

Thanks again

http://www.fencibles.org.nz/

here is the website for the club thats at the bottom of our street! Its always very very busy on coaching night and match day!

Thanks Jubjub- have been on the web page and been able to contact them.

Jayne

hey im thinking the same thing too,, one of my biggest worries is missing football if we emigrate and my son not being able to play or him hating football and liking rugby instead,, that fencibles site looks great !!! does anyone know of a similar set up in the christchurch area??

Quote Originally Posted by craig1234564 View Post
    hey im thinking the same thing too,, one of my biggest worries is missing football if we emigrate and my son not being able to play or him hating football and liking rugby instead,, that fencibles site looks great !!! does anyone know of a similar set up in the christchurch area??
    My boys play for http://www.ferrymeadbayssoccer.co.nz/
    There are plenty of other setups in Christchurch as well.

Hi. There is no soccer team at my children's primary school. There is a rugby team though ( ! ). The kids do play soccer at lunch time - just mucking around , not taken very seriously. There are soccer clubs in the Bay of Plenty - these meet Saturday mornings over autumn/winter and appear quite popular with boys and girls.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast