Thread: Vauxhall Zafira in New Zealand

Question Vauxhall Zafira in New Zealand

I bought a brand new Vauxhall Zafira in 2006. I am moving to NZ now and want to ship it to NZ. Wondering if it would be worthwhile. I was checking on internet and it looks like there are no dealers for Vauxhall in NZ. Any suggestions?

Vauxhall is Holden in NZ but they wont support all the same models.
    James

Hi ,
    Vauxhall in NZ is sold a Holden www.holden.co.nz.
    Did not see Zafira on the website. The MPV's dont seem that popular.
    Have you looked into the cost and paperwork involved in shipping?

cheers

Ian

Hi
    I would have a look at how much moey you think you will have to buy a car when you get here on top of rent/mortgage bills, this depends on how much your bringing out obviously. It's just we sold our V40 which wasn't that old thinking we would pick up the same again & have found the cost of 2nd hand cars quite expensive, this could also depend on where you are, we did need one quite quickley but on trade me in our area there wasn't that many, I think we didn't put the money from the sale by either so, big mistake.
    I would just make sure you do your homework as OH wishes he know shipped his car as it would have only cost him £2K max
    Good luck

You probably won't like this and sorry to offend but I have my reasons We had a Vauxhall Zafira once. IMHO do yourself a favour and leave it where it belongs. In the UK!

There are better quality MPVs over here where you don't have to be under 4'3to sit in the back seats.

Quote Originally Posted by arya View Post
    I bought a brand new Vauxhall Zafira in 2006. I am moving to NZ now and want to ship it to NZ. Wondering if it would be worthwhile. I was checking on internet and it looks like there are no dealers for Vauxhall in NZ. Any suggestions?
    Check out Importing a Motor Vehicle for details of what is involved.

You will likely get mixed responses as to whether it is a good idea. Some have done it and had a lot of problems and wish they hadn't.

There are lots of things to consider before you decide including shipping costs, compliance costs, how will you manage before it arrives, can you get the parts and have it fixed, what will its resale value be etc.

This has been mentioned on the forum many times before so would suggest you use the search facilities to get more answers.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Georgebulldog View Post
    Hi
    I would have a look at how much moey you think you will have to buy a car when you get here on top of rent/mortgage bills, this depends on how much your bringing out obviously. It's just we sold our V40 which wasn't that old thinking we would pick up the same again & have found the cost of 2nd hand cars quite expensive, this could also depend on where you are, we did need one quite quickley but on trade me in our area there wasn't that many, I think we didn't put the money from the sale by either so, big mistake.
    I would just make sure you do your homework as OH wishes he know shipped his car as it would have only cost him £2K max
    Good luck
    Would you have shipped it ahead of your move so that it was waiting for you on arrival?

Trademe is only one source of locating used cars in NZ, there are others such as Auto Trader.

Ian

Friend of mine brought her Astra convertible and struggled to get insurance, due to the valuation being over and above what it was in the UK. As much as it is the same company Vauxhall/Holden, the insurance company just didn't want to play the game.

Just as a footnote though, i noticed the other week a Vauxhall Chevette driving around TA.......ah memories

Kim

Quote Originally Posted by arya View Post
    Zafira's were sold here new a few years ago, under the GM badge of Holden Zafira, so you'll have no problems getting it serviced at any Holden dealer if you do decide to bring it out.