Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone want to Share a Container?

Default Anyone want to Share a Container?

I thought this was worth a shot...

We are now moving into the "get our stuff here" phase. I just wondered if anyone else coming to Chch had space in their container that needed filling or if anyone wanted to share costs of shipping using same container?

Just a thought! Could turn out to be a very silly thought but hey, if you don't ask....

Moorf

I would have thought Woz would be jumping at the chance to fill any free space in your container with spares or upgrades for his Mini

Sshhhhhhhh

We'll share a container with you! We've got SOOOOO much stuff - about 10 whole boxes!! It's a bit sad when you can fit your life into 10 boxes and 2 suitcases, eh? Start afresh in NZ we said!

Nah seriously, if anyone's coming to Welly and has an empty wardrobe they want to fill up with our boxes, let me know! (cheeky I know but like you said, if you don try you'll never know!! )

Jod

I'm sorry that we can't help either of you. We're heading up the The Coromandel and our 20 footer is bulging at the seams. But I just want to say that your ideas about asking people to share is not silly at all. In fact I think it's one of those ideas that is brilliant in it's simplicity.

Well done for thinking about it and good luck to anybody who 'shipment shares'

Diny

Well, we have one thread on sharing containers, and now it seems we have one going on sharing the cost of land and building a little ex-pat commune.
    This forum really rocks.

We sharing hubby's too?

I got a quote from crown the other morning portsmouth to Dunners, and I spat out another cup of tea 4 thousnad pounds for a container or 3600 for 10m2. Crown yeah right royal rip off

Dan

Helen - I know things aren't too rozy on the house front at the moment :? but I was reading the 'Working In' guide last night that was sent with our ITA from NZIS.
    In the 'International Removals' section I came across a company called PSS Intl Removers, who offer 'Shared Container Removals' - quote:

"If you do not have a sufficient quantity of household effects to fill an entire container, we will export pack and wrap your possessions in your home, mark, number and list every package and return them to our warehouse for loading into our share a container service. The transit time is approx 8-12 weeks to arrival in New Zealand."
    Maybe other removal companies offer the same service? Just thought I'd share my findings with you.

Babette

babette - this what normal movers do! they are just trying to present it from a new angle.

when we moved here our container was 1/2 full/ empty. when we asked about sharing the guy told us customs do not allow it. would look into it carefully as this guy was v straight up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast