Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking in Wellington & Money ??

Default Scrapbooking in Wellington & Money ??

What (and where) is your fave scrapbooking store in Wellington? I've searched online and only found Kiwi Scraps. Perferably one that you don't need to spend an hour on the bus to get to.

Thanks

Without starting another thread:
    Just wondering how much you get paid for a simple store job (starbies/just jeans etc). What would the wages be per hour?
    Last edited by janmommy; 7th February 2008 at 06:49 AM. Reason: adding ?

Hi Jan Mommy and fellow scrapper,

Stevie D's wife, also a Jan is another fellow scrapper. She got me into this addictive hobby she would know the best places I imagine but she is in Cambridge not Hamilton. However I do know that scrapbooking is pretty big in NZ.

Stevie, get Jan on the case with this one.

Jo

Scrapbooking is big over here and I can't imagine you having any difficulty finding decent stores in Welly, there are loads around here and I only live in a low population area. I wouldn't worry about lack of supplies.

Just hang around and Jan (Stevie D's OH) will answer this one for you i'm sure, as she went to this shop i'm sure when they had time in Welly.

Kim

thanks everyone. i'm hoping i find somewhere i love in welly. (the websites i've been too don't have a lot of choice)

errr... whats scrapboooking ?

I thought a scrapbook was something I had a kid and cut out newpaper and magazine pictures and put them in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post

I thought a scrapbook was something I had a kid and cut out newpaper and magazine pictures and put them in it.
    Are you serious? My wife is addicted to SBing, heck, she even works in a SB store on the side here in America. You take pictures, and make them pretty w/ stickers, stamps, dicuts, etc, and put them into a book.

They are all over my house :awaits for them to fight back one day:

I need to refer my wife to this thread once we get some more solid answers :-)

Also it is a great way to not just record memories with a photo but you can put in journals which is like a diary to remind you of the time you took the photo.

I made my daught one for her 10th birthday which was right from me being pregnant to her being 10. She loves it as it has captured those treasured memories which can get forgotton. Like the time she kept me and her dad on the beach in Spain, it was feezing cold and she didn't want to go back to the hotel. Me and her dad suffered really bad windburn that day as we put sun cream on beth as she was only 2 at the time but not us.

Jo

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post

Yep I’m sure that’s it too, scrap book, a book you keep scraps of information in. old pictures, newspaper cuttings and so on. It appears to have quite a following.

Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast