Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What fills a 20' container!

Question What fills a 20' container!

Hi
    Just wondered how much stuff can come in a 20' container. It would be helpful if experienced people could list what all they took with them.

We squeezed in the contents of a small 4 bed detached house, inc the contents of the garden shed. Everything that could get taken apart, was taken apart by the shippers!

In our 20 ft we moved a 3 bed house big items included: washing machine, tumble drier, dishwasher 2sets of saucepans & the usual kitchen stuff, 2 sofas, large 7ft bookcase, long sideboard, coffee table + 2 smaller, large TV stand,video & DVD stereo, rug,display cabinet a mass amount of big toys, 2 single beds & a king, baby changing unit & everything you have for a newborn up to age 2, baby walker, trollys inc about 20 nappy boxes of clothes, 2 kids bookcases & a toy box, garage & garden contents inc large wendy house, swing, slide, chiminea, tool boxes, car roof box
    I think that's about it for the big stuff so imagine this with the usual stuff on top, cd's DVD's Videos bits & bobs, our container was packed to the gills with no more room, lucky we just gt that amount in
    Good luck & hope this has helped a bit

Ours was a 3 bed house plus we had a bit of overflow, possibly because we had 3 sofas (one quite large). The overflow followed in a shared container some weeks later.

Most people I know who had a 40ft took a car or bike also.

Cheers

Tia

We filled a 40ft container from a 5 bed house.

Queen bed, single bed , 2 bunk beds, 2 sofa beds, 3 flat packed wardrobes, dressing table, about 6 sets of drawers, study furniture, 2 sofa's, dining table 6 chairs, breakfast table 5 chairs, washing machine , dryer, fridge freezer, bookshelf, glass corner unit, 2 glass cabinates, huge tv, tv cabinate, hi-fi, usual kitchen stuff, many boxes of toys, 4 pieces of gym equipment, 5 bikes, boxes of books, cds, ornaments, photos, bed linen towels, clothes, shoes.

I didnt really think i had that much stuff, but no way would it fit in a 20ft and we left everything that was related to the garden.

Maybe ours didn't pack as well? We filled a 20ft container with the contents of our two bedroom flat (including some 1500 books), and I never thought we actually had a lot of stuff

The only big items we had were two three seater sofas and a large dining table + chairs, but the container was full in the end.

Daniela

We had our 20' container filled to the top with a trailer (quite large), furniture of a 3-bedroom house, 60 boxes of books/tools and several bicycles. All fitted in nicely, and it took just 3 hours between three of us to load it. (Sweaty work, though!)

Smile

Thanx 4 this post ayra....

We have a 3bed house but not a great deal of stuff..only me n the OH in it! Fitted wardrobes so minimal bedroom furniture to take. Sofa left by a friend who rented us the house..not necessarily to our taste so won't be taking that! Kitchen stuff and a few nicknacks, shelving units, CD's, DVD's, the X-Box and a few personal bits but all in all.....sounds like we'll be looking at a shared container. Marvellous!!

we filled a 40' container absolutely chocka from a 5-bed house and no car!

Gil

All the stuff I thought we'd sent to Oxfam, the car boot sales and given away to family and friends. Plus two empty jam jars, six single duvets I didn't know we owned, a pile of magazines in a Somerfield carrier bag that was supposed to go for re-cycling. Still can't find the kettle though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast