Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: West Melton - Christchurch

Default West Melton - Christchurch

Been browsing Bayleys and Trade Me and noticed quite a lot of nice houses in West Melton. I know there is a prison near there - but is there any other reason why this area is cheaper than say Prebbleton or Rolleston?
    Thanks

Hey Dee
    Don't that much about it but folks we bought our car from said it was very nice and had good primary school?? I also thought prison was nearer Rolleston but what do I know?! Just as an extra point Rollestion very weird place in my opinion with shopping mall and loads of new houses but not much else - bit stepford wives

Karenx

Tx Karen... I'm so far from being a Stepford wife!!!!!

Hi, We live in Rolleston and there is so much more here than just a shopping square and new houses. The primary school is one of the best around.

Happy house hunting Andy-Dee.
    Tracy.

I met some lovely people from Prebbleton and Rolleston when we were on our recce. Do you have a view on West Melton Tracy, also Tai Tapu looks pretty.

Be careful on which part of west melton are you planning to buy house if you got children...half of west melton go to Hornby high (not good school) and another half go to darfield (very good school), all depend on school zone areas.

Tai Tapu is lovely areas but bit pricey, nearer supermarket is in Halwell or Rolleston and nearer high school is Lincoln High.

I live in Ellesmere areas, not far from Springston/Lincoln/Rolleston.

To be honest not too sure what the other areas are like,i will ask hubby when he gets up off nights,he works with guys from them areas and they are pretty down to earth and good at givng help on areas, as sophia said if you have kids the school zones are very important to get into the good schools.
    The main reason we came to Rolleston is schools and new houses and guess what no stepford wives here.
    We are from Flintshire and there are alot of Brits here esp from Cheshire area like yourself.
    Tracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy-Dee View Post
    also Tai Tapu looks pretty.
    That was the area we identified as being a decent area to live with proximity to decent schools and reasonable commute into the city yet with the small village vibe we were used to. Close to Lincoln which seems to have quiet a sought after high school nowadays.

Tx Nippa, Pippa, Steviec and Zobster - its always good to have first hand experiences.

Hope things are going well Sandra - missed you at the last NW meet. So fed up with the house selling game now.

We live in Rolleston and there are 2 prisons here, I don't think it has any negative impact on housing prices, it probably adds to the value given it's only a short ride to work.

I consider this to be a very safe and friendly area, I work with some people that live in West Melton and they seem quite happy there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast