Thread: Need a hand in Wellington

Default Need a hand in Wellington

If anyone has a room I can rent for a few weeks I would be grateful.

Here’s the situation. I found a place in live up on Mt. Vic (took a week to find) but since the other lease holder decided to move out and broke the lease the rental agency decided to get rid of the property and is kicking everyone out of the flat. My problem is that no one wants to rent out either a flat or a room to me till I secure a job. I’m looking for work and have several things lined up but nothing definite as of yet and don’t want to be homeless or pay to stay in a hotel, and the hostels are pretty much booked up and or charge like 50 bucks a night.

What I’m looking for is just a small room in the Wellington area to rent for a few weeks till I can secure employment. I really don’t have much besides a single bed and a plastic nightstand and clothes. If someone would help me out I would be eternally grateful. Either PM or email me at bgillmore@gmail.com if you might be about to help.

I'm really quite and don't have a problem helping out around the house. I do smoke however but more then willing to do that outside. I'm 31 years old and from the States (I voted for Kerry).

Also if you have any ideas that might help please feel free to post.

Default Need a hand

I'm bumping this up for Grotto....anyone?? Good luck!!

hi gratto, if you take a share dorm in a backpackers hostel it should be between $20 / $25 a night or less. have you looked at www.bbh.co.nz

Originally from Malaysia, in Wellington since May 2005

You might be able to find something here...

Flat Finder

Flatmates at Exchangepoint

Cheers,
    Shagen

thanks veronica only problem is I checked a few of them already and they do have rooms avaiable but not for weeks on end. If something happens and I don't get a job then I would have to leave Feb 28th, and I would need a place to stay from now to then. I really don't want to move from hostel to hostel ever couple of days if that can be avoided. But might have to consider that as a worst case.

shagen yeap already been hitting those sites pretty hard. Its not a problem finding a place, the problem is getting accepted without a job. I have money to pay the rent and everything, but people are just worried that if I can't find a job I'll have to leave and then they will have to find a new flat mate all over again. I can see where they are coming from, just hard to be on the other end.

Hi Gratto.
    Sorry - we are bursting at the seams - anyway with three kids I doubt you'd want to be here mre than......a week?

But...
    I will ask around for you....

Carol

thanks Carol.