Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Areas to Live in West Auckland

Default Areas to Live in West Auckland

Hi,

I have got the book where to live in Auckland and we have decided we would like to live in West Auckland, we have two children 5 & 12 and would need to be able to commute to Auckland for work, ideally no more than 45-50 mins.

I have ideas of areas, but thought if anyone could recommend any areas we are wanting live quite rural, but with good schools.

Any suggestions?

I heard there was no running water there

We used to live in West Harbour which is a nice area. during rush hour the bus takes 45-50 minutes to CBD and there is a commuter ferry that takes about 30 minutes to CBD. Nice area, Westgate nearby for plenty of shopping and supermarket, plenty of Doctors and Dentists in area and both Marina View and Hobsonville Schools are decile 10. Downside is that most activities etc for pre-schoolers have very long waiting lists and there is no high school. Most older kids bus to either North Shore or Massey/Henderson for high school. From what I can gather (from our old neighbours) going to North Shore was more desirable, but many kids went to the local high school in Massey.

The water thing is NO problem at all. The houses have rainwater tanks (with filters and all that's necessary - pretty high-tech), from which the water is automatically pumped into the house as you use it and you don't notice any difference from being on the mains whatever. (This knowledge comes from living in the house we rented for five weeks last year.) Also, there's no shortage of water - it's RAIN forest.

Smile

Thanks, you got me slightly concerned about the water!!!

I will have a good read on te schools then you have suggested, cheers.

I have lived in West Auckland and have friends who live there now. I've never heard of anyone having issues with water. There are even golf courses out there - so definitely no water issues. It rains quite alot though due to the waitakere ranges

We lived in Swanson which is semi rural with a nice village and a train station so you could get the train or bus to work if you wanted.
    Son went to Waitakere college which suited him very well, there's also Massey High.
    Oh yes - we had runing water too !!

Thanks for that, your starting eliviate my worry anout water!!!!

Whats Helensville like? Is it too far out to commute?

Helensville - we stopped there and shopped several times, and it was a pleasant little town from that point of view, with helpful, nice people in shops and cafe. But obviously, I don't know 'living' details.

My husbands cousin who lives in North Auckland said Titirangi was very nice, especially for families to want to live in a pretty rural area (it's very 'tropical' i.e. lots and lots of trees) but not too far from CBD. If we were going to Auckland we would seriously consider moving here. Property prices are reasonable too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast