Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Clothes - Help!!!

Default Ladies Clothes - Help!!!

Ok Girls, where do I get nice fitting ladies clothes/shoes from? Please don't say I have to go to Auckland to get anything nice!!!

I spent yesterday morning looking in the few clothes shops in Whangarei and was not impressed!! Farmers was not too bad but in the middle of a sale!

I have been looking for some casual shoes for months now and have had no joy!

We are going to the Gold Coast at the end of March and I would like a few new summery things for then.

Please help!!

Amanda

PS In the UK I used to shop at places like Next, Debenhams (loved the personal shopping!!) etc etc So nowhere fancy, just average.

Wish I could help but have found it really difficult too. Shoes especially - everything either really expensive (and nasty) or cheap (and nasty)! Mostly I have shopped in Farmers, Jean Jones, Glassons. I ended up getting my sister to bring M&S knickers over when she visited as i could find anything nice and well fitting!

I'm gonna cry!!!!

Does anyone know if shopping on the gold coast any cheaper? Or are there clothes stores at the airports? Auckland & Brisbane that is.

Can it be so different up there? Here in Christchurch there are more clothes shops that I could ever want, GREAT shoe shops and the fashions are current and not too badly priced!

Plus there are smaller designer shops dotted around for that something special...

Trust me, it's poor. I thought friends of ours were being snobs when they said they had to go to Auckland for clothes! and I thought Eric's boss was joking!!

Bit late now, I can feel a Next internet shop coming on!!! Wonder how much it will cost for my Mum to post to me? Probably cheaper than a drive to Auckland!!

We stopped in Whangarei on the way back to Rotorua from the Bay of Islands - I think they are about the same size and lacking shops obviously! The landlady of our first rental used to fly to Sydney every year to shop - not even aukland did it for her. If you've saved your pennies fro the UK, Oz will seem cheap, If spending NZ$$, it won't no solutions here - sorry! I am resigned to being kinda scruffy now until my UK clothes really fall apart.

I am a total scruff bag now I'm here! No pressure to dress up and great excuses NOT to.. like tramping, beach walks, biking, picnics, etc..

In fact, I haven't been clothes shopping for.. err... MONTHS!! And I'm actually quite pleased about that ... they must put something in the water here

Clothes just don't seem to be as good quality here do they - hubby has a t shirt bought at Asda 4 yrs ago that has outlasted all the clothes bought here !
    Do you have a "Stax" clothes store where you are ? They are pretty good. Also Shanton ,for light summery stuff.

Perhaps it's a North Island thing this lack of clothes shops!! Here in Chch there are loads of great shops both in the malls and in the streets!! Just a shame I don't have need for lovely things at the moment

Hi Westi

No we don't have a stax or a shanton. And your right about the quality, it is dire, really flimsy and quite expensive for what you are getting.

I don't think it is a North Island thing, just more a case that both Ruthyroo and I both live in small towns/cities!! If we chose to travel to Auckland to shop then I'm sure we would be fine, its just a two hour journey just to buy clothes and you have to know where to go. Currently I haven't a clue and with the littlies time is precious.

Think I'll wait till we go to the Gold Coast!!

Amanda

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast