Thread: Shipping of nuts, bolts, screws, nails etc.

Default Shipping of nuts, bolts, screws, nails etc.

Has anyone got any experience of shipping over collections of nuts, bolts, nails, screws and assorted "useful" bits and bobs that have accumulated in the garage for years? I'm talking about mainly metal items, some plastic but not wood. Is rust an issue? I know I'll have to clean the tins/containers they are in but it's not practical to wash/scrub every item! Will MAFF want to go through every tin and if so will in end up costing extra even if they don't find any problem items?
    On a related subject, is there an issue with bringing old tools that have been handed down through the family? They often have wooden handles, but I want to bring them because they have sentimental value and are better made than anything you can buy today.
    Any thoughts or experiences on this would be much appreciated.

Hi....

Our big box of nails and screws and things didn't arrive!!!!

We left old tools in the UK, so we didnt have lots of inspection costs ( funny ha ha). You could bring them, but they will get inspected.

J x

Ps- please feel free to disregard my comments as I am hopping mad about removal at the minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAF are only interseted if they had been used in gardening, for a car or are car parts. I borught my land rover over and of all the spare parts, they wanted to do was make sure the floor mats were clean, they were not too bother once I explained what the other spares were, nut, bolts, spare carb etc. Just make sure everything is clean as posible, and thier are no insects or foliage in with them.

Quite understandable! Do so hope you get it sorted soon.

We had lots of nuts , bolts, screws, nails etc etc in tool boxes and no problems

We had lots of boxes with nuts, bolts etc., etc., also lots of tools, new and old. All of it had been cleaned (the boxes, not every single nut!) MAF didn't want to see any of it in spite of us being self-shipping. They only looked at bicycles, camping gear and boots.