Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nurse jobs available

Welcome along Ziggy and "you'll be right" on the job front.

Clare applied direct to the DHB, viewing their website, interview over the phone and Bobs your uncle

Very important to get your regristration application rolling though.

Ziggy, I applied direct to the DHB. Plenty of nurses older than you coming to work here at my hospital. Like everyone says, get started on the registration asap.

Britzy, I sent in my EOI minus the nurse registration, emailed immigration to check it was okay, it helped speed everything up.

Good Luck everyone!

K

Smile

Thanks for all the info best get started on my registration,
    X

NZNO registration is a lengthy process so get cracking on that ASAP- we chased ours hard through the whole process but I seem to remember it still took a month ...

Looks like there's plenty of work for nurses over in the BoP

http://www.bopdhb.govt.nz/careers/SearchVacancy.aspx

Thanks snailandthewhale,I did think about submitting our EOI but OH was reluctant to without registration saying you would get more points with this plus job offers extra.
    Helen

I still had the points for being a registered nurse, just told the case officer that the registration was delayed and they got on with processing the rest of the ITA. I got the job before I even sent off the nurse registration forms.
    K

Its good to know they can process the ITA without the registration coming through. Our ITA has to be in 29th March and the 3 months on the medical are up by the 15th March. My husband has a job offer to start end of May nad everything else on the ITA is sorted and hopefully the house sale is going through so we were starting to panic that the registration is going to hold us up. We are now emailing the Nursing Council every day to check on progress - I believe its in the final stages of processing - they say it shouldn't be long now but can't give me a timescale. (Word of warning - they don't start the process until they receive all the documents they need, but they don't tell you they haven't received all the documents! When my husband got a job offer I politely enquired on progress to be told they hadn't received various docs - including a reference that they later found in their office!)

My ITA has a pink form at the front which expressly stipulates that you must submit your NZNC registration with the ITA. It may not be needed for the EOI but defintely for the ITA.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupin View Post
    NZNO registration is a lengthy process so get cracking on that ASAP- we chased ours hard through the whole process but I seem to remember it still took a month ...
    That's good... my wife has been advised that NZNC have a huge backlog and are turning registrations round in 3 to 4 months

Can definitely recommend Tonix... my wife is also in regular contact with Annie and she's extremely helpful. We're calling into their offices in Devonport (Auckland) at the start of our 3 week 'recce' trip in April, just to go through various matters and put a face to all the emails that have been going back and forth

Good luck with everything

Of course, immigration need to see your nurse registration, but, if people's medicals and police checks are in danger of expiring whilst waiting on the registration, then it's perfectly acceptable to send the ITA without it, and send the nurse registration in later.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast