Thread: Woodend

Default Woodend

Hi Guys,

Some of you will know we've been looking at Rangiora as a potential place to settle when we get to NZ. There aren't a huge number of (we like the new "executive" style bungalows) properties for sale in Rangiora itself but Woodend seems to have some lovely properties available at good prices. So, can anyone give me an opinion of Woodend? Are there any shops/bars etc. there?

Do kids from Woodend go to Rangiora High school?

Thanks!!

Mark. :P

Have been thru Woodend a couple of times en route to the beach - seems like a lovely area - quiet and judging by the list on Localeye there is life there! A distillery and a rugby club .. should make for great social events!!

http://www.localeye.info/pages?catId=1741

Hi Mark,

Probably children would go to Rangiora High from there (they don't go there until they are 13). One disadvantage might be that highway 1 goes through the middle of Woodend. Looked fine when I drove though it.

There seem to be a fair number of properties with for sale signs in Rangiora, I expect only a number of them are on the web sites. Best to talk to local agents I guess.

Hope this helps, Mandy

HI Mark

Parts of woodend are fine so long as you are far enough away from highway one!

We love the beach at woodend it's fab!!

Oh an quick update on Pam and Matt - Matt received a job offer this morning so they are settling in well.

Tara

Well Done Matt I assume this is the written confirmation of the verbal you had last week?

Mark,

Found out that most of the children from Woodend Primary are going to Rangiora, with a few going to Kaiapoi and Christchurch schools.

Matt - great news! When do you start?

Mandy

Thanks everyone, we will definitely only look at places in Woodend if they are away from the main road, although in some ways being close to a "trunk" is good if thyere is a need to travel. Rangiora itself (from 12000 miles away!! ) still looks to be our best bet, I just don't want to have to wait years for the right place to come up. Can anyone say from experience approx. what percentage of properties make it on to www.realenz.co.nz? I'm hoping that for less thasn $350k we can get a newish double glazed bungalow, 4 bed. From looking at the Web site this looks realistic, opinions?

Congratulations on the job Matt, it's great that things are settling down quickly for you.

Mark. :P

Mark - for $350k in Rangiora you can get a very nice new house

We looked at a lovely old villa, with pool and huge garden, on Westbelt, which was on for $290k and went for $295k

Lots of new places there too...

Mark

I passed at least 4 houses for sale on our 5 minute walk to school this morning. Also there are loads of new houses being built all over the town. There are about half a dozen estate agents at least in the town. So I guess that not all of them make it to the internet.

Have you looked on www.rangiora.net ? Think there is a list of agents on there.

Cheers, Mandy