Thread: Nursing Salary

Smile Nursing Salary

Hi
    you've all been very helpful already so I'm sure you can come up trumps with this one, I' just adding all the figures up & need to know what sort of salary can I expect for a full time nurse?
    Julia x

If you go to kiwicareers.govt.nz you can find out average salaries for most jobs.

Depends how many years experience etc but I think many nurses find themselves on the high 40s to low 50s to start with. Plus penals (antisocial hours enhancement)

Quote Originally Posted by Lupin View Post
    Depends how many years experience etc but I think many nurses find themselves on the high 40s to low 50s to start with. Plus penals (antisocial hours enhancement)
    As per Lupins comments it does depend on years experience.

Many that we know of, have come in on NZ$44K upwards although this may have changed with recent NZNO or PSA agreements and also if you are going into private practice or working for one of the DHBs?

The rates in DHBs are very fixed by union agreements.

Ian

A registered nurse is on a basic of $42848 - 57845 as of 31st March 08 (MECA) there are 5 'increments' and the increment that you are placed on is based on your experience. We are also getting a pay rise again in March 09 so the scale will be $44562 - 60,159.
    If you are full time on rotational shifts then you will pick around $10,000 in unsocial payments in addition to this.

Plus there is a scaled holiday allowance which is additional holiday over the 4 weeks basic so if you are full time on shifts then you 'earn' one weeks additional leave which is awarded at the end of your year (this is the anniversary of the date you commenced).

Hope this helps

Clare x

This should give you the latest agreement and pay scales. http://www.nzno.org.nz/includes/download.aspx?ID=29373