Thread: rural location near Auckland

Default rural location near Auckland

Can anyone suggest an area near Auckland that has a rural feel to it after researching the area I did think the Bay of Plenty was for us but it appears that my OH's best chance of employment would be in the Auckland area. we wouldn't feel right living in a city at the moment here in the UK our nearest neighbour is nearly 2 miles away & we are pretty much self sufficient, now I don't expect anything like that & to be honest it might be nice to live near some civilisation so any ideas?
    Julia x

Just north of Auckland there are some rural areas. Once they complete the motorway areas like Puhoi and Matakana will have a bit of a shorter commute to Auckland or at least to Albany bus station.

Kumeu? Whitford? Have a google....

My sister live in rural areas in north of auckland and still in reasonable distances to get into auckland's motorway. Try Kumeu/Riverhead.

Depending on your budget you could try Dairy Flat,Coatesville. These are mostly lifestyle properties but 5 minutes from Albany and 20 to 25 mins from Auckland CBD out of the rush hour.

Was just about to suggest Coatesville, my son has several school friends from that area and his school is very definitely in what I would consider a suburban area on the North Shore.

He went to a friends house out in Coatesville on Friday and when I went to pick him up I couldn't help but feel like I was driving out into the countryside. The Mum of his friend assured me it took her approx. 20/25 mins to get to school each day and thats in the rush hour!

Happy hunting for your little place of/in paradise,
    Anneliese

We're currently renting in West Auckland and looking at buying out that way as it's a bit more rural. Even as far up as Helensville as it would take about 45 mins OFF PEAK to the CBD

Areas like Kumeu, Huapai, Waimauku, on State Highway 16, Waitekere, Riverhead. Helensville and South Head further north.

Some nice areas further SW are the edge of Swanson, Oratia, Waitarura

Price wise generally the nearer to Auckland the more expensive the house.

Coatsville is very expensive area, large land plots of many acres - the Stars live out that way. Allegedly Tom Cruise has a place there.