Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Soda Stream !!

I used mine all the time in the UK - can't wait to get it from the container hopefully this week!

A nice recipe I found uses Baileys instead of water - makes lovely bread and butter pudding!! And the smell when it is cooking! Heaven

Tanya

Quote Originally Posted by Moorf
    Hmm on the subject of bread - I find it goes off SUPER quickly here - have been advised to keep it in the fridge!

I also believe there is less crap in the bread here.

Millie.. I shall be using my breadmaker when we get our stuff out of storage - probably for the first week!

Moorf the reason it doesn't go off quickly in the Uk is because apparently they put lots of fat in it as it delays the aging of the bread but obviously doesn't make a healthy option

Me think I might just get that breadmaker after all.
    Jo

:eek Wow never knew that!

The bread here is nicer - great range in most places too - lots of freshly baked stuff in supermarkets too!

Hopefully the bread here is more nutrious then!

:hopeso Shall we do an ingredients comparison?

Soda Stream lasted a couple of weeks - ended up at the back of the cupboard - got thrown out last house move. Bought one of those pie makers. Binged on pies with every conceiveable filling for a couple of weeks - never seen the light of day since. Sandwich toaster ..... comes out and gets used to death for a couple of weeks, then gets put away again for another few months. George Foreman grill .... again this is subject to sporadic use. Beautiful set of very heavy based stainless steel steamers (try saying that quickly) ........ the VERY occasional use. All singing all dancing whiz bang (food processor to the general public) .. comes complete with soup blender, a different blade for every activity you can imagine, a dough hook, a juicer and long range weather forecast facilities. I use if for slicing onions ops:

My impulse buys aren't just confined to the kitchen. Hair straighteners - not the cheapo 14.99 sort - oh no .... these are top of the range, slimline, ceramic doofers with built in God knows what. I still have wavy hair. My hairdryer??? It has 3 different diffuser nozzles, a blow dry nozzle, a smoothing nozzle, cool touch something or other, three speeds and the temperature settings: cool, medium and 3rd degree burns. All I ever do is let my hair dry naturally and then give it a 2 minute blast with the middle setting - that's all.

Have a good old rummage in the airing cupboard .... there's a facial steamer (brand new - never used), some new fangled scales which (obviously) haven't been used and endless unopened parcels of bedding and curtains that I've picked up at Ikea sale because 'I couln't afford not to'.

Will I continue this inane impulse buying once I've survived my life laundry and started off afresh in NZ?

You bet I will

Have used the bread maker lots of time - must say it owes us nothing. Makes wonderful bread for toasting.

My advice to you Moorf ........ get the soda stream. If you only use it for a week - then it's a small price to pay for a weeks entertainment.

Mother in law has one and uses it all the time (usually to make tonic water for her gin :eek ).

Diny

our George Foreman grill gets used once or twice a week,latest must have purchase !!! A document shredder!!! great fun but not if you switch it to reverse when it has a full basket makes an awful noise and big mess everywhere I'm even shredding the free newspapers, all we need now are some Guinea pigs to make use of all the shredded paper :P

Moorf

How can you not use the breadmaker?? We ( well Pam really!!) use our machine every 2 or 3 days and it makes absolutely gorgeous bread that stays fresh until the next one is make.

Just pop all the ingredients in the machine, switch it on and a couple of hours later - uhm delicious.

I agreed that soda streams are a 5 minute wonder and the toastie doesn't get an airing very often, but the breadmaker, well that is a different story.

Dave

OK, while I'm not really sure what a soda stream is, I did find this.

http://www.noelleeming.co.nz/webapp/...tegoryId=10007

Mechidna[/url]

Oh

yes I have the document shredder, the all singing all dancing food processor (it doesn't cook the stuff though :? ).
    I have facial steamer, hair straighteners, hair crimpers, curling tongs, 2 fancy hairdryers and yes like Diny still let my hair dry naturally, I have facial sauna (like a sunbed for the face still boxed), I have 3 irons.
    Oh I also have a Polti steamer used 3 times cost £350 quid.

I could go on but if I do I might convince myself I have some compulsive disorder ops:

Oh and I must get a bread maker to complete my set of dust collecting items in the back of the cupboard.

Jo

That steamer will come in handy to clean everthing befpre you load the container Jo.
    Give me a shout when you have finished with it, and I will start the bidding at £50.

Hey never thought of that I could do mine and Ians golf clubs etc.

Now was it worth the investment

Jo

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast