Thread: Flights from Auckland to Christchurch

Default Flights from Auckland to Christchurch

Can anyone tell me if there are any budget airlines flying between Auckland and Christchuch?

We are visiting on a reccie soon and are staying in Auckland however I would like to fly to Christchurch for a couple of days so that we can drive to Lake Tekapo and visit the church that we got married in 4 years ago.

I have looked on the Air NZ website and although their prices don't look bad If I can get them cheaper even better!

Thanks

Kerry x

Hi Kerry,

The new(ish) Virgin budget airline called Pacific Blue to flights Auckland to Christchurcy. Website is www.flypacificblue.com.au

I did a quick search for flights next week staying over two nights and one of them was $69.00 one way but that was a Promo fare so I think you'll need to book earlier and quickly to get it.

Enjoy your trip!
    Anneliese

Thanks for that, I know the dates so will check it out this evening.

Kerry

I spotted pattern that most of people didn't know like my sister who been here for 5 years ....book your flight early in NZ's morning time for Air New Zealand, there will be lots of discount flights at $79 per adult, then by lunchtime it goes to full price $99 plus, till next morning the same flights will drop to discount price again!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nippa&pippa View Post
    I spotted pattern that most of people didn't know like my sister who been here for 5 years ....book your flight early in NZ's morning time for Air New Zealand, there will be lots of discount flights at $79 per adult, then by lunchtime it goes to full price $99 plus, till next morning the same flights will drop to discount price again!!!!
    Will have to remember that one, as we might fly down next time we do a visit.

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about Grabaseat. I've just Googled air new zealand grabaseat and the website came up with some great deals. http://flightbookings.airnewzealand.co.nz/vgrabview/

You do need to look at it FIRST thing in the New Zealand morning though to get the best deals - or so I've been lead to believe.

Anneliese

if you go to www.houseoftravel.co.nz and put your details in it compares all the airlines for you and shows their prices, you can then book on line with them.

Hi
    I managed to get a deal on Qantas last minute and mid week Ch-Ch to Auckland, one way for $79. They seem to have flights 4 times a day between these two cities and are often not full