Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whan to start applying for jobs?

Default Whan to start applying for jobs?

We were seleted form the pool (along with everyone else!) on Sep 1. I am expecting that we will not have all of the visas in place until March or April which is fine. Right now we are fairly open on when we move but I think we would be moving by August 05 at the latest.

I will start applying for jobs once we get the visas taken care of, that I am sure of. My question is should I start applying sooner than that? I can move over more quickly if needed but it seems like most reccomendations say wait until you have the legal right to work?

What do you think? I know a lot of people from the UK seem to get job offers very early on but is that also the case with people coming from the US?

Thanks!

Chris

Hi Chris,

I think it really depends on what kind of work you're in and whether or not you're prepared to take a few weeks off to come to New Zealand for interviews.

If you're in an occupation in demand, so you would have no issues getting a temporary work permit, you will have more chance than otherwise. Why don't you contact a few agencies in NZ to get an idea of the situation?

Good luck,

Evelynne

Thanks. I will give that a shot. It seems like most of the posting I see though say 'must have legal right to work in NZ'

We shall see.

Chris

I was wondering about this kind of question as well. Do you think that after your EOI got selected, you can start applying for job? and if the employer ask about the status, do you it's OK to say to them that the EOI is got selected? thx

Quote Originally Posted by xanctus
    I was wondering about this kind of question as well. Do you think that after your EOI got selected, you can start applying for job? and if the employer ask about the status, do you it's OK to say to them that the EOI is got selected? thx
    i think yes to both questions. but remember (umm i dont want to burst your bubble) it says in the NZIS website being selected does not guarantee a PR.

http://<br /> <a href="http://www.i...efault.htm</a>

And depending on how you’re able to demonstrate your ability or potential to successfully settle in New Zealand:
    *your application may be approved and you’ll be granted a Residence Visa or Permit or
    *you may instead be granted a Work Visa or Permit, which will enable you to establish yourself in skilled employment in New Zealand and help you gain residence or
    *your application may be declined.
    anyways, dont worry - im praying for all of us ops:

jes :angel

Quote Originally Posted by xanctus
    Hi All

I have been applying for about 2 years, and in almost every case get a nice reply, "unfortunately we can only accept applications from those lawfully entitled to work in NZ".

I have continued to apply, but now I tell them I am "Selected", lets see if it makes any difference.

cheers

alex

Quote Originally Posted by clg
    I will give that a shot. It seems like most of the posting I see though say 'must have legal right to work in NZ'
    We shall see.
    Good luck and God bless!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bbq
    I have been applying for about 2 years, and in almost every case get a nice reply, "unfortunately we can only accept applications from those lawfully entitled to work in NZ".
    I have continued to apply, but now I tell them I am "Selected", lets see if it makes any difference.
    :hopeso Good luck and God bless!!!

but if you get a job offer, you can get a work permit then you will be legal to employ. God I hate catch 22's

Quote Originally Posted by jesselyn
    i think yes to both questions. but remember (umm i dont want to burst your bubble) it says in the NZIS website being selected does not guarantee a PR.
    Yes, that' s what I am confused about...because I know that we are not certain of getting a PR but in the same time with EOI got selected I thought it will make easier for us to apply.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast