Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ready made meals

Smile Ready made meals

I have a really fussy eating family and tend to buy a lot of my meals ready made from Marks and Spencer. Just wondered if there is anything at all like M & S in New Zealand yet? Might sound crazy but I think that this will be one of the things which I will miss most about the UK.

I would love to hear from anyone who went out to NZ with similar worries.

Can't answer that I'm afraid as I'm not there yet but I have to say the absence of an M&S in NZ gives me more of a crisis in the - ummm underware dept. I'm afraid.

Yes I must admit that I think all 5 of us will have a few packs of new M & S undies in our suitcases when we leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Mels View Post
    the absence of an M&S in NZ gives me more of a crisis in the - ummm underware dept. I'm afraid.

Yeah.....I STILL miss their undies.
    I stock up now when I go back.

Supermarkets have ready made meals - but to be honest.....yuk.
    Perhaps, with your new lifestyle - you could seize the opportunity to get your kids making stuff instead?
    They might lose some of their "fussiness" too......
    My youngest son (16) is hopeless! Very fussy! ("Just plain pasta please" type of boy!)
    But he has just started doing his NCEA in Food and Nutrition and low and behold - he is eating all SORTS of things he never did before.
    I had almost given up on him !!!
    lol

My Mother is so grumpy at me for going to NZ that I doubt she would post any essential supplies out either.

Sorry Destiny I got sidetracked on your thread

Thanks Carol. Great to hear that your 16 year old has changed his eating habits. My eldest son (15) will also eat pasta until it is coming out of his ears. I think I might just have to dig out good old Delia Smith's cookery book.

Quote Originally Posted by Mels View Post
    My Mother is so grumpy at me for going to NZ that I doubt she would post any essential supplies out either.
    Yeah - had that TOO!

They come round eventually.... I get allsorts now.

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
    Thanks Carol. Great to hear that your 16 year old has changed his eating habits. My eldest son (15) will also eat pasta until it is coming out of his ears. I think I might just have to dig out good old Delia Smith's cookery book.

Try Nigella.
    She's got better.....um....assets
    lol

Wink

I did miss m&s at first esp the meals and school uniforms for the girls but you do change after a while,we haven't eaten any ready meals over here,haven't even tried any,i make food from scratch now.

All of us eat more healthy and there are lots of new food to try,my girls are not fussy and love all veg and salad,they would eat buckets of pasta and rice dishes and i bake my own bread which is yummy,

My mother in law had a right shock when she came over and saw all the baking we do now,its a complete change for the better for us and it will be for you too.

Good bye ready meals ,hello Delia!

Same here although have only been here a month lol
    My eldest son was a really fussy eater in the UK but has improved dramatically here cos we all eat together and eat the same stuff. Ready made meals in the supermarket are limited in choice and in my opinion very expensive. So yep get the Delia out and wean yourself off M&S

Karen

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast