Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Childrens/Baby Clothes

Question Childrens/Baby Clothes

I'd be interested in hearing about any shops or websites that you've bought children or baby clothes from & thought they were good value for money or very well made.
    I have a 2 1/2 year old that I will soon need to be buying more clothes for & a baby due in June which if it's a boy then boy am I stuck as I have about 30 boxes of girls clothes with me

Also are all the sizes the same in all the shops, from the very brief look I had I thought I saw something like size 1, 2 & so on but didn't have time to work out what that meant?
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Georgebulldog View Post

Also are all the sizes the same in all the shops, from the very brief look I had I thought I saw something like size 1, 2 & so on but didn't have time to work out what that meant?
    Thank you
    I also got boxes full of girls & boys clothes too!!!

Sizes, arrgghhh.
    size 1 is for 1 to 2 years old, 2 is for 2 to 3 years and go on but depend on how big is your child is like my son is 4 but he fit size 5.

btw for baby,
    0000 prem
    000 mean 0-3months
    00 mean 3-6 months
    0 mean 6-12months
    (hope i got right as i haven't brought much for Eliot as got baby clothes already from my first son plus relatives posted out the baby clothes )

I get most of mine from T&T or Pumpkin Patch, T&T dont have a website for ordering Patch do.

The sizes are labelled to match the age, so a 2 fits a 2 yr old (in theory) sizes do vary from store to store. Cotton on Kids do some cute stuff, but their sizing is atrocious (IMHO) I had to buy size 5 jammies for my 2 yr old! I ended up taking them back and giving up!

Patch sizings are generally on the generous side.

You then have Farmers/Baby Factory and Baby City, I get the odd items from Farmers and dont tend to bother with the other two unless they have a big sale on, dunno why, just never bought much from them.

Warehouse & Kmart also do a wide range of kids clothes too. Benefit of Kmart is that they have 20% off weeks, they rotate around the departments, so wait for kids stuff to come on the discount and go shopping then.

Anyway, after all that ramble, I have found Patch to be about the best quality wise, washes and wears well, as do majority of the T&T clothes.

BUT if you are looking for a UK equivalent of say Next of Gap, then you are not going to have much luck.

Have fun shopping, and hey if you ahve a boy its a great excuse to go buy stuff! Shame you are not nearer, you could have borrowed some (its all boxed up in a cupboard!

Quote Originally Posted by nippa&pippa View Post
    Sizes, arrgghhh.
    size 1 is for 1 to 2 years old, 2 is for 2 to 3 years and go on but depend on how big is your child is like my son is 4 but he fit size 5.

btw for baby,
    0000 prem
    000 mean 0-3months
    00 mean 3-6 months
    0 mean 6-12months
    OMG I see what you mean, not looking forward to that then as my little girl is also usually a bigger size than what she is as she's tall so looks like I'm in for some long shopping trips & as fot the baby stuff then forget it, is there any sense to that, why not just have prem, newborn 0-3mnth & so on? So much easier

Nearly right Sophia

00000 -prem
    0000 -newborn
    000 -3 months
    00- 6 months
    0- 9 months
    1 -1 year
    2 -2 years and so on

Pumpkin patch have lovely kids clothes little on the expensive side so maybe u should try Baby City nice affordable and lovely staff to boot!

Joanne

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne100 View Post
    Nearly right Sophia

00000 -prem
    0000 -newborn
    000 -3 months
    00- 6 months
    0- 9 months
    1 -1 year
    2 -2 years and so on

Pumpkin patch have lovely kids clothes little on the expensive side so maybe u should try Baby City nice affordable and lovely staff to boot!

Joanne
    Thanks Joanne...in fact, she keep correct me everytime i go to baby city where she work you know what i mean now, why are they do it simple like UK, 0-3, 3-6 etc!!!

Don't forget Trade Me, plenty of stuff on there (lots of UK brands also). Even if you are not sure about second hand you can still find items with 'labels still on'.

Cheers

Tia

Pumpkin Patch have a 60% off sale at the minute - great. I love that shop....especially when there is a sale on !!!!

I buy most of my kids' clothes off Uk ebay and get it sent over. Still good value and most of it is new or hardly worn.

Quote Originally Posted by nippa&pippa187026
    why are they do it simple like UK, 0-3, 3-6 etc!!!
    I have no idea, took me about a year to memorize that information, so they better not change it!
    Joanne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast