Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning People-what do you pay?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wink Cleaning People-what do you pay?

Hi,

I am trying to hire a cleaning person in Wellington and the only one I have found wants $30 an hour. This seems a bit steep( more than we would pay in Denver, Colorado) but I am suffering from a herniated disc and my partner's definition of cleaning leaves something to be desired in my book- so I don't have much option but to find someone. Any experience with cleaning people's hourly rate in Wellington or Auckland/ Christchurch? Any suggestions if you are using a cleaning person in Wellington?

Thanks,

Wendy

$30!

I'd say $15-$20 is more the norm dependent on age/experience/what they do eg: some might help with ironing as well.

Milliemoo

Well mine is $15 an hour. And I don't have a herniated disc as an excuse, but I reckon it's a relationship saver!

I'm also looking for a cleaner - just for a little while in Auckland so I'm curious about prices. I've seen adds up at the grocery store for $15/hour. But I'd really like to go with someone who's personally recommended. I'd also rather go with an individual than one of those cleaning companies. If anyone happens to know anyone in the Howick area, please PM me.

How many hours per week is reasonable for a small 3 bed, 1 bath house?

I'm also looking for some help with the gardens - again, please PM if you know someone.

Susan

We pay $140 per fortnight for the whole house, and the cleaner stays until it's done, usually about 3-4 hours. Our last cleaner, who is no longer in the market, charged $60 per week for approx. 2 hours (just over). They both visit(ed) once per timeframe.

That's for a 5 bed, 4 bathroom house.

Howie, I've PM'd you,

Gil

Being the the 'clean freak' I am, I'm starting to think I'm in the wrong business

Joking aside, it was something I did consider when we first moved here. There always seems to be someone needing just a wee bit of help around the house.

Milliemoo

Quoted $35/hr - decided I'd do it myself.... I can stand a small amount of dust for financial bouyancy plus, the last time I had a cleaner I cleaned up before she arrived as I was too embarrassed.

I pay mine $16 an hour - she does everything, including the ironing and periodically does things like clean the oven, wash down the skirting boards and along the top of door frames. (All things that would escape my notice...)

I pay mine $15/hr, she does 2 hours a week (ironing not included, I like doing that myself). I am like you Moorf, I clean up before she comes too

Jules

I pay $15 per hour too.

Tanya

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast