Thread: Looking for 3bdrm Rental in Whangarei Area

Default Looking for 3bdrm Rental in Whangarei Area

We are immigrating in early April and will be looking for a rental home in April or May. We are a family of five (3 children) from Canada so min of 3 bdrms and 2 bathrms are required. Our furniture will be in storage until we purchase a home therefore a furnished home would be desired.
    Kind Regards

Don't have an answer for you - no doubt some others will be along later - but hello, and welcome to the forum.

Hi Can_he.........you need to think about how long you propose to be in a furnished property. There only appears to be holiday lets that provide this type of accommodation which can be expensive long term. We have booked a holiday let for a couple of months while we get on our feet, the owners will do a deal if you push them a little and reduce the price if its a fixed rental period. I would suggest www.trademe.co.nz for looking for rental accommodation also (its similar to ebay) and one of the main sites used by the people who live in NZ both kiwis and expats. I am currently searching for something for after our initial two months are up but unfurnished and there seems to be a few and even take pets in the area i am considering ..... was really worried as people seem to indicate that pets are not welcome in rental accommodation over in NZ.

Anyway good luck and welcome to the forum.....let us know how you get on.........

I was going to suggest Trademe as well. The www.realestate.co.nz site can be useful for the agents that don't list on trademe.

Default Thanks

It appears our real estate agent may have saved us again but will check the trademe site.
    Looking forward to the warmer climate! This has been one of the colder winters we can remember: -40C w/o wind chill!

Hey! Stand in line! We are in the same boat and will also be arriving in Whangarei in late April...

Good luck with finding a nice place!

See you there!

i am in Whangarei ( well just outside) so if either of you have any questions feel free to pm me.

Nicola