View Poll Results: How long did it take to get a job offer after your move to NZ?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Already had a job offer before leaving for NZ

12 66.67%
  • Within a month after arriving

5 27.78%
  • Within three months after arriving

1 5.56%
  • Within six month after arriving

0 0%
  • More than six months after arriving

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long did it take to get a job?

my job offer came in may 04 should be there in late march, it took 1 phone call and a faxed CV.

It helps when your CV starts witth: a long long time ago in a country far far away, lived.... and he was .... and he was the dogs b*****ks in his field.

Dan

My husband seen the offer on the internet Sept 04. Printed off the advert came home and said do you fancy this???

We discussed the OPPORTUNITY and applied on line.

We got a phone call off the co. who offered him an interview a week later as they were coming over for an Expo. :eek

We went, very successful interview. Phone call when they got back 1 week later to say CONGRATULATIONS .

Can't wait to get out there. It all seems so easy this compared to what a lot of you are going through.

Jan xx

GGGRRRR!!!!
    But seriously. What a result. Is hubby a brain surgeon or something?
    BTW Jan, did you get my rather long PM?

No not quite, but will give him some credit for having the brains to pick me!!!!!!!

We are going over on the Skilled Migrant visa because his trade in the construction industry is sought after.

Thanks for the pm it was very informative and we have passed on some of the info to our pal. We are taking him to NW meet on sat.

We put two other of hubby's pals in touch with this co. and they too are going over asap. Don't know if it will help but you can pm me if you want the co. website address.

Jan xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12