Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: baby foods - rusk similar to farleys rusks

Question baby foods - rusk similar to farleys rusks

As just finally weaning my 6 months old baby. As there is no rusk similar to farleys rusks in NZ as I usually give to my eldest two when they were babies before move to wheetbix. So what do you normally give to baby for breakfast instead?

Do they not do baby breakfasts out here? I think I need to start paying more attention as I used a packet baby breakfast (organic from what I remember) last time & just thought I would get it out here.
    Be interested in your replies

Quote Originally Posted by Georgebulldog View Post
    Do they not do baby breakfasts out here? I think I need to start paying more attention as I used a packet baby breakfast (organic from what I remember) last time & just thought I would get it out here.
    Be interested in your replies
    There is lack of powder foods here!!! only found baby rice and 1 or 2 box similar but got egg & milk in it that I can't buy it.
    My MIL will ask her daughter for me tonight to post out farleys rusk and baby biscuits for me

there is only Farex here really, baby rice and then a follow on slightly courser cereal. i was utterly blown away when i saw the range when we visited the UK, DS had never eaten so well, i bought about ten packs back with me!

Sophia, you can buy rusks on line from the british shops and get it delivered, but its not a cheap option.

can you use baby rice and spice it up with fruits a bit for brekky?

Thanks!
    Yes sal, unbelieveable how much choice we have in UK and found very small range in NZ!!

For baby rice, we are having bit of problem with Eliot at moment...he did weaned very well on saturday, then on monday night he had an allergy reaction to kiwi fruit
    Since then he has been refusing foods, live on 100% breastfeeding again I have, earlier today, seek an advice from plunket nurse and currently waiting for her reply.
    I thought of trying breakfast/cereal type away from fruit & veg & baby rice to get his confidence back. Other thought is to not give him any food for a week then start again?..

He is a kiwi baby but can't eat kiwi!!!

Kiwi fruit is aparently top of the list for fruits causing allergies/intolerances and apparently alot of infants react at first, but are OK nearer to age one.

I had a list of fruits/veg in order of allergy causing to least likely to cause allergy that I used when my oler son had terrible reflux. Can't find it tonight, but i'll have a proper look in the morning.

For breakfast I managed to find some powdered oat based cereal for baby. No eggs, but it did have milk protein in it. Alot of the time I used to give him pureed pears/apples/berries mixed up with baby rice and then I added some cinnamon for flavour as he got older.

Quote Originally Posted by Familyofmonkeys View Post
    Kiwi fruit is aparently top of the list for fruits causing allergies/intolerances and apparently alot of infants react at first, but are OK nearer to age one.

I had a list of fruits/veg in order of allergy causing to least likely to cause allergy that I used when my oler son had terrible reflux. Can't find it tonight, but i'll have a proper look in the morning.
    That would be help. I am hoping you are right about outgrow kiwi fruit, I think it is depend on the family history of food allergies.

Sophia - an allergy to kiwifruit is often an indication of Oral Allergy Syndrome (OAS).
    There is a list of the possible other trigger foods here:
    http://www.allergy.org.nz/about+alle...+syndrome.html

I'm very allergic to kiwi as well (anaphylaxis levels), but am fine with other foods in the same group. I underwent a series of allergy tests to determine which foods I could and couldn't eat.
    I didn't suffer from this in the UK, so with me it has developed since I moved to NZ.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast