Thread: Arriving into NZ airport - Visa question!

Default Arriving into NZ airport - Visa question!

hey guys,

Getting excited now as we have been in the States for 3 weeks visiting friends but arrive into our new home on Tuesday!!!

My question is this:

I have a residence visa stamped in my passport (my wife is a Kiwi) but what actually happens when I arrive into the NZ airport?... Do they just stamp my passport with the residence permit and then that's it or do I have to fill in any forms etc???......

Thanks in advance!!

Hi!
    I had to fill in a customs-type form on the plane, and hand that to the guy on the desk at Immigration. He asked me a couple of questions, and stamped my passport - took 2 minutes!!!

Jane

Although your wife will be able to go through the citizens queue, hopefully she will keep you company and come and join you in the residents/permit holders queue (it is allowed as we have to take DS through that queue with his kiwi passport as we are on UK ones).

Hand over your passoort, and you will get it back with a residence permit stamped in, and maybe a cheerful "welcome home sir....

Hiya,

I did the trip back from London to NZ last November, Kiwi OH and I queued in the resident's line and got through with no hassle

Jen

Quote Originally Posted by jubjub View Post
    Although your wife will be able to go through the citizens queue, hopefully she will keep you company and come and join you in the residents/permit holders queue (it is allowed as we have to take DS through that queue with his kiwi passport as we are on UK ones).

Hand over your passoort, and you will get it back with a residence permit stamped in, and maybe a cheerful "welcome home sir....
    I don't recall a separate citizens queue at Auckland! I thought everyone went through the Residents queue (there were plenty of NZ passports in the queue when we went through!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Croft View Post
    I don't recall a separate citizens queue at Auckland! I thought everyone went through the Residents queue (there were plenty of NZ passports in the queue when we went through!!)
    Its upstairs..... you have to go past it go get through main immigration for non citizens... we tried to dodge through it with a kiwi baby... didnt work! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jubjub View Post
    Its upstairs..... you have to go past it go get through main immigration for non citizens... we tried to dodge through it with a kiwi baby... didnt work! LOL
    Ah, that'll be why then! Thanks jubjub. The process was very fast going through the Residents queue anyway - more chatty than anything!

Great news!

Thanks to all for the prompt replies!....

NZ here we come!