Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will a CCNA certificate be of help?

Cool Will a CCNA certificate be of help?

I have a BSc of computer science. Also, I have a CCNA "Cisco Certified Network Associative" certificate. Will CCNA be considered as another qualification? or just a training? will I get more points because of it? What do you think?
    Thank you
    AM

I subscribe to this question, this is the same situation for my OH.
    Any hints are appreciated

Welcome to this question I sent my qualifications (including the BSc and CCNA) to NZQA a month ago, I'm still waiting for their decision. I'll let you know once they reply.
    Cheers
    AM

Thanks. My OH has a friend who went to USA and his CCNA(the guy got his certificate in USA) was considered equal to a college diploma there; he was able to get a job based on the CISCO certificate and no university diploma.

wow! this is great. I'm not sure how NZ will assess it but at least there will be no bonus points for it as at least L7 degree is needed to get the bonus points. I'll keep you updated when I have more news. Best wishes for you both
    Thank you
    AM

Hi

18 months ago I was going through the same questions regarding Cisco and Juniper certs.

The response I had from NZQA regarding the cisco certs was that if the exam was taken in NZ then it could count - but if taken outside then it doesn't. Basically if you did a course in NZ followed by the exam then it would count.
    Frankly this is ridiculous as it is the same exams no matter where in the world they are taken but them's the rules.

So, assuming the exams were taken outside of NZ, they won't be of use to you for quals points but they are good evidence of experience etc if you are claiming points for exp.

Sorry I can't be the bearer of better news for you.

How ridiculous, the CISCO certs are the same as you say, maybe somebody in NZQA needs a heads up...??

Thanks for your replies. Fortunately I have a BSc so the CCNA is not the main qualification. Hopefully they'll consider it as a proof of experience along with my employers' statements.

Thanks again

AM

CCNA exam is the same regardless of the country where it was taken. I am disappointed that NZQA won't take it into consideration.

One more question for persons who are not from UK or USA (where English is the official language), did you have to take IELTS examination or you could submit your CCNA as a course taken entirely in English, thus demonstrating that you can understand the language?

I had to take the IELTS exam because my native language is Arabic (I'm Egyptian). I'm not sure if a CCNA course is enough to prove language proficiency but I think it is not. In all cases, NZ may still ask for taking the IELTS test if you are not a native English speaker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast