Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cat Poo!!

Default Cat Poo!!

Sorry this isn't a very nice thread...but does anyone know if you can buy Scat-a-Cat or something similiar here in NZ??

For some reason the local cats have decided that our lawn makes the perfect toilet (or the yappy dogs from next door are sneaking in when I'm not looking to do their business!!). Am get mightly fed up of having to check the lawn every morning and moving piles of fresh poo!!

Have tried orange peel with no joy...help please!!!!

I don't know about scat a cat, but I've found a water pistol works a treat, just shoot until they get as far as your fence, then eventually they get the point and walk round the garden boundary.

We're lucky the meanest, toughest neighbourhood cat has taken up residence in our garden and manages to scare off all the others!

Cheers

Tia

A water pistol would be good but the little blighters tend to sneak in at night when we're not watching!!

I swear they don camoflage gear and balaclavas so that we can't see them and identify them in the day!!

It is quite likely that it isn't cats, it is possible it's possums. We have a pukeko in the garden alot and there seems to be more poo around, though I can't be sure that it has the bum responsible. I know that ducks produce something no-one would want to step on.

I have heard that spraying citronella oil around your boundary works, not tried it though.

Quote Originally Posted by StevieD View Post
    I have heard that spraying citronella oil around your boundary works, not tried it though.
    I'll have to try that one - thanks.

Nick - I hadn't thought about possums!!! I instantly thought cats as there are loads of them around here.
    Have to say I never thought I'd ever see the day when I typed "picture possum poo" into google to try and compare a picture to what we've been getting on our lawn!!!!! Think I need to get out more

Quote Originally Posted by StevieD View Post
    Vinegar and pepper (not together), are another possible remedy and there is a plant (which I think also has a lemony smell) that they are suppose to dislike. Perhaps someone knows the name?

Cheers

Tia

We were told that carpet grippers work a treat.... too cruel so we used pepper!

I was once told Jayes fluid but not sure if you can get it here

Quote Originally Posted by Nick88 View Post
    It is quite likely that it isn't cats
    I agree. Cat's prefer to bury their poo (usually in peoples prized flower beds ). It's quite unusual for a cat to poo on the lawn, like a dog would.

When we lived in Edinburgh we had the same problem for a while, but it was foxes.

Milliemoo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast