Thread: Building Surveying Jobs

Default Building Surveying Jobs

Hi

I'm a RICS qualified Chartered Building Surveyor, looking to make the move to NZ. Idealy would like to get a job while still in the UK (would'nt we all). Do any surveyors on the forum know of any opportunities? or any ideas of where to look?

J

I can't help specifically, but you could have a quick look on trademe.co.nz plus there's another jobs website I've forgotten the name of, someone is sure to be along and post that for you as well.

Hi there and welcome.

I'm a RICS Chartered Building Surveyor too and there are one or two of us out here. If you are expecting commercial building surveying, then you might be disappointed as it is very much so in it's infancy. Residential building surveying is very much triving, due to one particular line of work - leaky buildings. I suggest that you read my thread on leaky buildings, if you don't know too much about the subject, to understand the situation.

For jobs, I suggest that you try www.buildingsurveyor.co.nz in the first instance and www.trademe.co.nz. I am not sure where you intend to settle, but let me know and I might be able to help some more.

If you need anymore info, PM me.

Cheers

hi

my OH is a RICS building surveyor and we've just put an EOI in with 125 points. He is a Chartered RISC building surveyor but works mainly as a client side property consultant doing project management and monitoring, including some QS work but unfortunatley is not a qualified QS. i'm presuming you're not claiming any extra points for SSL??

also re jobs - contact koruconnect - an ex UK QS runs the co and is holding interviews in UK for NZ jobs at the end of the month for all construction professionals. She might be able to help

Giraffe

Thanks for the reply. I am in a simlar possition to your other half although have a lot of experiance in proffesional building surveying but my current job is client side project management property consultant with a bit of QS ing. What sort of jobs have you found that fit that criteria? I am currently looking at the BS area of Leaky Homes as i quite like residential BS work. As you say i don't think we can claim extra points for SSL, which puts us in a difficult possition, idealy a job offer.

Thnaks for the tip i'll give them a go, never a bad idea to spread the net as far as you can.

J

Hello Mr or mrs Hodge - just a quickie. I would PM you but i don't think i've done enough posts or something technical.
    What have you found the working hours like in NZ? Better or worse than UK?
    Also is pay on a par or less?
    These are not prerequesites for moving to NZ but just good to know.
    thanks for any info

Quote Originally Posted by giraffe View Post
    Hello Mr or mrs Hodge - just a quickie. I would PM you but i don't think i've done enough posts or something technical.
    What have you found the working hours like in NZ? Better or worse than UK?
    Also is pay on a par or less?
    These are not prerequesites for moving to NZ but just good to know.
    thanks for any info
    Hi there,

I'd much rather not post a reply up on the forum, but deal with by PMing. If you post a couple more replies anywhere, except the Lounge, then you'll be able to send and receive PMs.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Tony (Mr Hodge).

will do