Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rental inspection

Question Rental inspection

Our first one is tomorrow and I completely forgot Well at least we don't have that much stuff cos all in the container...

Please tell me I just need to do a quick tidy up and that it's not going to require the level of preparation for MIL visit or something

Help!
    Karenx

Just little tidy up inside and outside, they are just checking that you are obey their long list of rules that all......(we always had two of them visit our old rental house)

Never had one

Do most landlords do this? I know I would.

Milliemoo

State of some of the rentals we've viewed with landlords or agents, I wouldn't bother.........

We've only ever had this done once in Welly and I just tidied round and made the beds, thats all. Don't stress out about it

I don't think there is a reason to panic unless there is graffiti on the walls and holes between the rooms and you have insects walking all over the place.

I would just bake something nice so with the nice smell of food and cup of coffee, tidy house should have no problems at all

Asli

Thanks folks just think I'll have quick tidy up tomorrow morning - OH has done all the outside stuff ... Finger crossed they won't bin us for me being undomestic goddess

Karenx

They're not there to judge your lifestyle, they're just checking you haven't painted it purple and knocked a couple of walls through.

Quote Originally Posted by peebles16 View Post
    Please tell me I just need to do a quick tidy up and that it's not going to require the level of preparation for MIL visit or something

You just need to do a quick tidy up and it's not going to require the level of preparation that's required for a visit from your MIL or something..

Seriously though, if you have found any damage to the property that you were not aware of until you moved in do tell them about it and cover your bond. Also, make a list of repairs that need doing if there are any, as it's usually part of your contract to inform the landlords (or his/her representative) a.s.a.p. Whether they fix 'em or not is another matter..

Julie

xx

Hi, You have nothing to worry about.
    We have had a rental business in the UK since the 60's and we do 3 monthly inspections. This has 2 objectives.
    The first is to make sure people keep reasonable care of your property. What we would be looking for is stains on carpets, things broken, no ghastly paint jobs done etc. If the place is a bit untidy is none of our business as long as there is no damage. When someone moves out then we expect the place to be clean and tidy.We always do inventories in and out to ensure this.

The 2nd objective is to notice things that need attention, such as windows jamming,things not working properly. Although tenants do inform you if the washing machine packs up, they may not tell you if the door is stiff etc. This way it enables us to keep our places in top condition. Landlords do differ but that is the general idea of an inspection.

Hope this helps

Dave and Caroline

Good luck Karen, i am sure it will be no probs!

Sharon
    x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast