Thread: car rego - registration document and MOT certificate and insurance.

Default car rego - registration document and MOT certificate and insurance.

GF insisted I took the car for WOF today, so I did as I was told and left it with garage across the road from work. 2hrs later they ring me to ask why I left it there, as the warrant doesn't expire until September. It was the printed label thing in the windscreen that expired yesterday. I presume this is the rego/licence thing (car tax in UK).

Is it right that I can just go down to a post shop to get a new one. Is there anything I need to take other than money? In UK I had to take registration document and MOT certificate and insurance.

cheers,
    FF.

Just take the money, the WOF is registered on a central database, so they dont need to see a paper cert.

However if you have not had a reminder through the post for the rego, then I think you need to fill in a form as well.

Have a look here.. http://www.landtransport.govt.nz/factsheets/49.html

You can do it online transact.landtransport.govt.nz using your credit card and driving license.

The printed bit arrives in the post five days later..which may be a bit late for you now but it says on the back of my form you can go to;

The AA shop
    Post Shop
    VTNZ the orange shed
    VINZ
    VTNZ
    and some independent agencies

You don't need the insurance as it's not a requirement here, just the payment. I think the computer system tells them if you have a WOF or not.

HTH

D

Quote Originally Posted by jubjub View Post
    Just take the money, the WOF is registered on a central database, so they dont need to see a paper cert.

However if you have not had a reminder through the post for the rego, then I think you need to fill in a form as well.

Have a look here.. http://www.landtransport.govt.nz/factsheets/49.html
    I am a slow typist lol

ahh, that's really handy to know. I wonder why we didn't get notice in the post then? We bought the car 6 months ago and I'm sure notified them for registration. I'll try to get to post shop tomorrow as I'm back to UK for 2 weeks :-)

thanks,
    FF.

If you haven't got time to get to the shop you can do it online here https://transact.landtransport.govt....nce/entry.aspx

with your license plate number, credit card and your NZ driving license number. You don't need the paper reminder.

Good suggestion to do online, if I don't get to post shop tomorrow then that'll be something to do whilst having a late breakfast on Friday.

cheers,
    FF