Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skype phones?

Default Skype phones?

Do you use Skype phones? (Not just skype on the computer but an actual Skype phone.)

Yes and it's great - especially when you have to call banks etc back in the UK. You can set up a line of credit and it works out at something like 0.017 euros per minute.

which phone do you have?

I just dial straight from the computer and via the telecom broadband I presume. Use the headset I use for video skype.

Er, sorry. Just re-read your original post and thought you meant Skype video.

Nope, meant the actual phones Skype sells to use with their service, so you're not stuck to your computer.

I use it and I find it great.
    I call from my laptop with a $10 deposite.
    My mom just pick up her landline, and we are chatting for 3 cent pro minute..

Quote Originally Posted by suzer View Post
    Nope, meant the actual phones Skype sells to use with their service, so you're not stuck to your computer.
    Not a Skype service or phone sorry, but if you want to use your landline and cordless home phone via the pc, but not be tied to it www.webcalldirect.com

We use it all the time now and calls are free with .5 cents connection if you stay in credit with 10 Euro's. Otherwise it's still a darn sight cheaper than Telecom.

Hi,
    I've used a Skype phone for business and family for about a year. Works really well. Most of the family have them now too. Ours works just like an normal phone and has both Skype and landline into the base-station box. If you are phoning a phone number, rather than a Skype contact, the phone prompts you whether you want to use Skype or the landline.

Philips VOIP 8411 Cordless

My in-laws have another phone (not sure of make) but my wife when she used it said it was also good

Mick

Wellington

We use a very basic binatone phone we got in Asda for a tenner hooked up through very old laptop via telecom broadband works great.. That said I haven't used it to call landlines yet just other skype users so no idea of costs

Cheers
    Karen

My dad had one bought for him in the Uk and had all sorts of problems with it, ended up disconnecting it, as talking to him on the skype on computer just couldnt happen.

Sorry, dont mean to sound doom and gloom, just speaking from what he told me.

Sharon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast