Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We got ourselves a 'cah'

Default We got ourselves a 'cah'

We have had great Easter weekend - done so much travelling- enjoying the good weather - lovely pothole free roads- cant tell you what a pleasure that is!!- and of course the beautiful scenery - cant get better Im sure.

We have now found ourselves a car - but we needing to getInsurance for it - any good suggestions on who to get it through - thanks again

Jayne

State would not process your insurance application unless you have a Kiwi licence.
    We went for AA here but also used to be with AA in UK as well.
    AMI is also good as I've been told

PS: Glad to know that you are enjoying being here from the start
    Asli

Sounds like a nice weekend Jayne.

We're with State for everything and get a discount for having more than one insurance with them, house contents etc. Can thoroughly recommend them, every year I shop around for cheaper and State can't be beaten. AA are always around $100 plus for the same insurance quote (for us anyway)

Asli, that's weird! They insured both of us on our Uk licenses for nearly a year and never queried it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Steadybears View Post
    We have had great Easter weekend - done so much travelling- enjoying the good weather - lovely pothole free roads- cant tell you what a pleasure that is!!- and of course the beautiful scenery - cant get better Im sure.

We have now found ourselves a car - but we needing to getInsurance for it - any good suggestions on who to get it through - thanks again

Jayne
    We went with AMI (cheapest for us) and having to make a claim can recommend them, they also give an additional discount if you take multiple policies out with them e.g. house contents as well.

This question has been asked before on the forum so may be worth a quick search.

What ever you do, go for several quotes to see which are the best value.

A few to try are State, NZI, AA, AMI and your local bank.

Ian

Hi Smiler,

I wrote that as that what happened to us. But again I have to say she had a look on her face that she didn't want to be there that day. That is about 6 months ago and it was in Riccarton/Christchurch. So it might be due to the representative. (AA and AMI told us the Excess would be higher untill we got our Kiwi licences.)
    Maybe the procedure has changed for state???
    Well either case shopping around is always good

Asli

We were with Tower for everything but have just switched to Westpac and have a good deal witht them for car, house and contents.

Sharon
    x

Quote Originally Posted by Asli&Mark View Post
    Hi Smiler,

I wrote that as that what happened to us. But again I have to say she had a look on her face that she didn't want to be there that day. That is about 6 months ago and it was in Riccarton/Christchurch. So it might be due to the representative. (AA and AMI told us the Excess would be higher untill we got our Kiwi licences.)
    Maybe the procedure has changed for state???
    Well either case shopping around is always good

Asli
    Hi Asli

Deffo sounds like she didn't want to be there then!

We've always used their call centre, couldn't be faffed with the shop TBH, they always look so deserted. But their staff should still be giving out the same info eh?

Always good to shop around oh yes!

I chose the AA, it wasn't over dear and at that time were the only company to answer at 8.00pm when I was trying to arrange it. I've since been told that they are the only company to offer unlimited protected no-claims and will accept no claims bonus from UK documents. Don't know if they are or not.
    Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by alan999 View Post
    I chose the AA, it wasn't over dear and at that time were the only company to answer at 8.00pm when I was trying to arrange it. I've since been told that they are the only company to offer unlimited protected no-claims and will accept no claims bonus from UK documents. Don't know if they are or not.
    Alan.
    Most companies appear to accept UK no claims bonus, so you should bring the info with you, so AA are not the only ones doing this (certainly AMI accepted ours).

The protected no claims bonus with AA does look great, but other companies do offer similar products which will likely be suitable in most cases. For example, with AMI once you have been with them for 12 months then you are eligible for freeBmax which protects your no claims bonus for upto 3 claims per year.

Ian

Does anybody know the answer to this one? We have maximum no-claims bonus on a policy in M's name which has been running for 30+ years with me as a named driver. On relocating to NZ, will we be able to get something similar, and/or full no-claims for me as well in my own right, upon showing our UK record?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast