Thread: Baby Alarm

Question Baby Alarm

Ok, my baby alarms been sitting in the box since we emgirated to NZ 18months ago and with MIL going back to UK on monday mean our 7 months old baby will be kick out of our room into her old room but realise that our tomy baby alarms still got UK's transformer on it and don't want to use adaptors all the time. Because of my deafness, I really need the baby alarms....
    Questions is how did you manage to get kiwi's transformer to work with tomy's baby alarm? buy it from tomy? or from where?

no answers?? what did you do with your baby alarms you had in UK
    Look like I will have to contact Tomy about the plug transformers etc

Sorry Sophia, I'm afraid I had to stick with NZ adapters plugged into UK transformers plugged into the monitor. I know not a great solution!!
    Debbie

There is reply back from Tomy's, not good!

Dear Sophia

Thank you for your email recently received.

The monitor you have works on an analogue frequency and because these are set by the government, they vary from country to country. This means that as your monitor was purchased in the UK, it is unlikely to operate in New Zealand.

Also because frequency bands do vary, there is a chance the monitor you have will interfere with other systems that are used in New Zealand such as emergency services, and as a result, you can be fined. Therefore we do not advise using them abroad.

I am very sorry for any confusion caused and should you require further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards
    Rose Debell
    Careline Administrator
    Hmmmm, should we continue to use it or not??????

Our Tomy baby monitor worked just fine in NZ....but we just plugged it into a travel adaptor rather than try and find a new transformer. I used it all winter as it was easy to see bedroom temperature during the night without staggering out of bed to the themometer!!

Anyone got three spare travel adaptors that they are not using it anymore that I can buy off??

Quote Originally Posted by nippa&pippa View Post
    Anyone got three spare travel adaptors that they are not using it anymore that I can buy off??
    Travel adaptors are on sale in argos (UK) for about £2 each at the moment.....could always get someone to post you some if you are stuck! My mum is bringing a load more for us later this year as we still have a few things with UK transformers on them that we haven't got round to changing .

There is another thread on plugs at the moment too.

Sophia
    You can buy a NZ plug adapter which may fit in Harvey Norman
    My daughter bent the lead & broke our BT lead to our moniter & Harvey Norman sold an adapter that fitted which came with seceral assorments of plugs & one fitted, needed a bit if a shave down but it works fine now & no travel plug

Sophia,

Tomy are actually advising you that you shouldn't be using the UK baby alarm at all in NZ.

If you still want to, then there are a couple of options:-

1. Use a plug adapter, for example Korjo Adapter which is available from many outlets e.g. DSE, Bunnings, Mitre 10 etc. This specific one is very good quality and will be useful for many years (for other products).

2. Replacement adapter, for example DC adapter which can be used instead of the original. Note: You need to check with the store that this has the correct plug and voltage supply i.e. take your current one into the shop and ask them for a replacement.

3. Buy a replacment product, for example Tomy Link Baby Alarm. This is very limited stock but might be suitable and not much more expensive than just buying just the replacement adapter?

Personally, I would just go with option 1.

Ian