Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice eating places in Paraparam & Raumati??

Default Nice eating places in Paraparam & Raumati??

Hi. We are exploring our local restaurants / cafes, and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for reasonably-prices eating places in Paraparam Bch or Raumati Bch? Child friendly please, as opposed to 'posh'....

We could perhaps start a thread of good family-oriented places to eat on the Kapiti Coast?

Edited to add: Evening meals as well as daytime please!

Cheers!
    Jane
    Last edited by Lara Croft; 3rd April 2008 at 05:09 PM.

There's not an awful lot on here but a few look nice, not had time to try them yet but want to try the Short Straw as that looks good & child friendley, they e mailed me their menu & looked good, hope to try it very soon

http://www.kidzgo.co.nz/wellington-a...n/restaurants/

Jane
    We like the following:
    Rosetta Cafe - reasonable priced, fresh, ever changing menu (Rosetta Road)
    Lembas - Raumati South; casual decent food.
    Busy Bee - Raumati beach (near shops); was there Sunday and has cracking Chicken Fajitas for about 15 dollars; nice cakes also
    Pauls, Lindale - bit more 'posh restaurant' but fine with kids. Quiet though
    Mussel Boys - bit different and best if you like Mussels (they do other things also)
    Lakotas (Pram Beach) - OK; nice atmosphere
    Waterfront (Raumati Beach) - nice view and decent snacks. Main meals OK but restaurant section bit naff. Use it more as a pub
    Ranjoli (sp?) Indian - only done takeways and seems to be going down hill a bit recently

The thai down in Prma beach (opposite Lakotas) has a very good rep but not been

Ooh Jane try China Beach Marine Parade beach front in Pram. Also try Flamin Poms just a bit up from there they do a lovely carvery along with lots of other nice food

Jackie x

Cheers Jackie - will try that Chinese; haven't managed to find a decent one yet.
    Jane - another decent cafe I forgot is Coast2Coast - Marine Parade, Pram Beach

I'll second Coast2Coast. Nice cafe and pizzas.

(Dine Out is good for restaurant reviews if you haven't seen it.)

Thanks everyone. Keep ' em coming

There's a nice (new-looking) pizza place on the main street in Waikanae, Heaven's Wood Fired pizza (no website). Takeaways, and absolutely delicious!

Has anyone tried the Cambodian restaurant in Waikanae?

Cheers,
    Jane

We ate at the Heaven's Woodfire Pizza that Lara Croft mentioned. It was tasty, and the owners are nice. (They do gluten free. They will also do dairy free.) Here's the menu --

LaraCroft - yes, we've eaten takeout from Prah Ta Pang (Cambodian place) several times. Everything has been fine, with fresh produce and made quickly. There's a little bit of a sweet tamarind flavor in most dishes (or most of the vegetarian ones at least) that I don't care for, but I think that's just the style of food, and my OH likes it.

We've eaten at the "Rock Salt Bistro" on Waimea Rd (Waikanae Beach) a few times, and love it there!

Dinner for 3 costs around $100, but the service is great, friendly staff, and yummy food! They also have a kids menu and are very accomodating.

Definitely recommend it!

J

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast