Thread: Extended Stay Motels/Hotels in Christchurch?

Default Extended Stay Motels/Hotels in Christchurch?

Any suggestions where a family of four could stay in Christchurch for a month without making each other crazy? We'll need a base from which we can then find a house to rent for the longer term.

The only place we've found so far is the Quest Serviced Apartments just off Cathedral Square. OK but amazingly expensive ($300 per night for a two-bedroom).

Thanks!

We stayed in CHC in a motel for about 3 weeks and have to say OH employers picked up the bill.. It was fine, a 2 bedroom apartment, with lounge and kitchen diner and wee garden area - I think it was around $180 a night but don't know if that was some kind of deal. Anyhow was called Hagley Park Motel and on Darvel Street just off Riccarton Road. Right next door to Hagley Park and about 15 minute walk into CHC city centre There are loads of motels etc just outside city centre that give easy access and bit be a bit cheaper

HTH

Karen

How about stay with our friends' motel www.ashleighcourtmotel.co.nz that we (four of us too, we rented two bedroom unit) stayed for 10 days when we first arrived in NZ till we found the rental house (well they did found it for us) and they have cheaper rental car to hire on site. They are so friendly and helpful
    Last edited by nippa&pippa; 6th April 2008 at 02:21 PM.

You could also look at a holiday let - that's what we will probably do. They seem to range from $90 - $150 per night and have all the facilities of a motel.

Great ideas! I'm in CHCH now on business and will find a moment to check these place out. Thanks!

Loads of motels on Bealy Ave all competing against each other, my company put us up in one.

Hi Tanya,

Thanks for the tip. I ended up going with one of the places listed on the website. Got a whole house for much less than the price of a hotel!