Thread: Changing job description

Default Changing job description

I have only been in my job for 2 months but already they want to change my job description to give me a lot more responsibility for the same salary.

They are a very tight and mean company as I am discovering.

For example, they have just made us all sign a caveat to our contract to say that if we join Kiwisaver they will take the employer contribution from our salaries!

Also, if we go on any training courses, we have been told (tho not in writing yet) that we will have to commit to staying with the company for x months (relative to cost of course).

My question is: can they force me to take on more responsibility for same salary?

I'm not a legal expert and I've just found this by Googling. If in doubt, ask an NZ lawyer or help-group. And what do your fellow workers think about this deal?

http://www.nzemploymentlaw.com/EA1.htm

There's a help page here that mentions the kind of thing you're talking about (near the bottom of the page). One of the tags at the side is about the Kiwisaver question, but it's saying employers should consider it as a raise, not take it out of existing pay.

Also, if you go to the Home page of that site, there's a link called Mediation, in case you need someone to talk the situation through with.

Thanks for that link - will check it out.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...ectid=10503758

Unethical practices!