Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Slow Cooker recipes

Smile Slow Cooker recipes

Now proud new owner of Slow Cooker ...but like to have new recipes to go with it
    Tell me your favourites! (Also I am looking for recipe with chicken legs in it please for tomorrow )

When I saw the photo of a slowcooker on yesterday's thread, I pulled mine down and put some water and chicken breasts in it. Has been bubbling all day. Now I'm going to put some Durkee's (formerly known as Frank's) hot sauce on it...that's the flavoring they use for buffalo wings. It's SO tender and falling apart in shreds.

I'm going to fry it up in a bit of very hot butter now and put the sauce on - easy peasy and yummy!

Corned beef is delicious in them. And chili recipes - I let them simmer overnight with a ton of garlic and an entire onion resting in the middle. Serve with sour cream, cheddar cheese and Fritos.

Oh I'm going to go check my chicken now - getting my mouth watering!

Quote Originally Posted by Lambuel+Ruby View Post
    When I saw the photo of a slowcooker on yesterday's thread, I pulled mine down and put some water and chicken breasts in it.

Oh I'm going to go check my chicken now - getting my mouth watering!
    I wondering how many of us got slow cooker out since yesterday....

I have a book of vegetarian slow cooker recipes...but don't usually use any. I just chuck in whatever root veg we have left over towards end of week and add a few handfuls of red and green lentils, yellow and green split peas, pearl barley and chickpeas. Leave on high heat for first few hours so pulses get properly cooked then knock it down to low heat for few hours until ready to eat!

I have a reciipe for self-saucing choc pudding I haven't tried yet....I can post recipe if anyone is interested?

Quote Originally Posted by Familyofmonkeys View Post
    I have a reciipe for self-saucing choc pudding I haven't tried yet....I can post recipe if anyone is interested?
    Is vegan type? I mean dairy and egg free? If yes, yes please!

Quote Originally Posted by Familyofmonkeys View Post

Oooh, yes please! We were given a slow cooker as a wedding present, and haven't even taken it out of the box yet, but this could just persuade me to try it out.

I have a book as well, although never used except for inspration. I use my slow cooker at least 2-3 times of a month, the times that I feel lazy as mine is auto, before leaving for work I put everything in it then set it up for 6-7 hours, after the cooking time ends it goes to Keep warm option till we are ready to eat.
    so not much work to be honest.
    Sophia,
    I can lend you my book if you'd like? (by the way I didn't know you were a vegan)
    Asli

Quote Originally Posted by Asli&Mark View Post
    I have a book as well, although never used except for inspration. I use my slow cooker at least 2-3 times of a month, the times that I feel lazy as mine is auto, before leaving for work I put everything in it then set it up for 6-7 hours, after the cooking time ends it goes to Keep warm option till we are ready to eat.
    so not much work to be honest.
    Sophia,
    I can lend you my book if you'd like? (by the way I didn't know you were a vegan)
    Asli
    Not vegan, just we can eat meats, veg and fruit but due to mutli-food allergies mean one dish meals need to be dairy, egg, nuts and fish free unless can do two dishes to add dairy in one of them.
    Kids have fish bites & chips from take away while my OH and I have steak & chips that only times kids can have fish
    Complication isn't???

Anyway yes please to borrow your book, will exchange the book when enterainment book turn up thanks!
    Last edited by nippa&pippa; 13th April 2008 at 01:24 PM. Reason: manner!

Yep! Time to get the slow cooker out - will look for some inspiring recipes this week! Love the aroma when you come through the door and the food has been simmering slowly all day...mmm and very economical too!!

I love my slow cooker - with the weather cooling it's def time to get it out again. I do a really nice stew from a slow cooker book I've got. Just got to get the kids to bed then will look it out for anyone who's interested.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast