Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Halloween?

Quote Originally Posted by justin.g.s
    Oh coast cat were you the type that turned the lights off and ignored wee litlle one's candy.
    Yup, that's me! I'm not exactly what you would call child-oriented. :P At least at Easter, birthdays, etc, they're not banging on my door asking for chocolate bunnies or cake!

(I'm happy to make caramel apples or chocolate cupcakes for my friends' children's parties, as long as I don't have to actually attend the parties)

When Halloween comes around I stick a notice on my front door which reads 'no trick or treaters' ........ and I'm the mother of 2 young kids.

I know this makes me sound like a miserable old cow (and actually - I'm a right good laugh) - but I can't abide those sticky little people - (who the day before and the day after will totally ignore my existance) - standing on by doorstep begging for sweeties.

I'm up for bobbing the apple though - and making scary lanterns out of swedes, I'll even stretch to the odd plastic bat being hung from the ceiling - but trick or treat I'll be damned.

Regards ...... Grumpy of Staffordshire

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12