Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Renewing Royal Mail Post forwarding

Default Renewing Royal Mail Post forwarding

Our first year of RM post forwarding will come to an end in a couple of months.

My understanding is that this can be renewed for a second year and must then stop.

Can anyone confirm how the renewal process works?
    Do RM send us a letter in advance, must someone visit an Post Office in UK...., can it be renewed by fax/letter etc?

The service has been great and saved us far more than the cost.

Thanks

We did it by phone, although that was because we needed to change the forwarding address. We did get a letter from them.

I think (not certain) you can just do it through the RM website if it's a renewal of the same details and pay using a credit card.

Anyway, we found it a pretty simple process.

Doesn't finish after the second duration as we are in the process of doing it for the 3rd year. Think you'll find that they will contact you by post, as this is what happened last year and this to ourselves.

Kim

Hi

We have been here a year and are paid up until about August time i think. Certainly havent been told anything different.
    TBH the whole mail redirection has been a nightmare.........loads of stuff gone missing!

Sharon
    x

Yes they'll send you a renewal form.

Quote Originally Posted by shakyle2906 View Post
    Hi

We have been here a year and are paid up until about August time i think. Certainly havent been told anything different.
    TBH the whole mail redirection has been a nightmare.........loads of stuff gone missing!

Sharon
    x
    I organised my redirection over the internet as it was easier and I didn't need ID, however, this was over a month ago and despite receiving a confirmation email, nothing has yet turned up!!! Do the Royal Mail usually send one batch a week or as it comes or when they feel like it?

Of course, you'll all be far too well organised to require a second year of redirection

You can renew online paying by debit, or credit card. You need a reference number that is sent with the letter. Simply go to www.royalmail.com/renewal or phone on +44 1752 387116.

Hope this helps

Kim

Thanks for the clarifications.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ22 View Post
    Of course, you'll all be far too well organised to require a second year of redirection
    ....or maybe so organised that we "do use a second year"!!?

We've found it has saved us and parents a lot of money. UK magazines, Amazon orders, letters from parents get sent to the UK address and arrive here quite quickly.
    I know others have had issues but we don't seem (touch wood) to of had stuff go missing or hassle with the service.

I called Royal Mail on skype last night and even though I have had a confirmation email regarding the redirection, it transpires that even though they took payment and gave me a reference number, it hasn't actually been activated!!! GRRRRRRR. Lets hope they sort it out now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast