Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KiwiBank

Default KiwiBank

Has anyone any knowledge of KiwiBank, it took me 24 hrs and one email to open an account from the UK, have not put in any money yet, are they OK

I think KiwiBank is state owned so your money should be safe!

Peter

Have been with kiwibank for a couple of years,
    friendly, fast and reliable customer service,
    many atms ...
    and nz owned and oparated
    so you should be ok.

Yeah, just about all Kiwi banks are in fact Australian owned. Even the National Bank which was owned by Lloyds, has been bought by ANZ. Their profit last year was $1B, which is a stupendous figure for a country of a little over 4 million.... They also decided yesterday that they needed to sack 400 staff so they could send the jobs to India, as the shareholders weren't happy. Apparently $1B isn't enough of a profit.........The greed of these companies beggars belief. So KiwiBank and I think TSB are the only Kiwi owned banks left, go support them!

They do cool TV ads if that helps!

Yeah, just about all Kiwi banks are in fact Australian owned. Even the National Bank which was owned by Lloyds, has been bought by ANZ. Their profit last year was $1B, which is a stupendous figure for a country of a little over 4 million.... They also decided yesterday that they needed to sack 400 staff so they could send the jobs to India, as the shareholders weren't happy. Apparently $1B isn't enough of a profit.........The greed of these companies beggars belief. So KiwiBank and I think TSB are the only Kiwi owned banks left, go support them!
    Yip TSB is Kiwi owned from their website....

Even today, ownership of the bank remains vested in a community trust, with all profits staying right here in New Zealand. Where they belong.

http://www.tsb.co.nz/about/index.php

Having twice lost my job in the UK due to outsourcing to India, I'll be giving National Bank a miss!

Peter
    Last edited by Peter&Liz; 18th April 2008 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter&Liz View Post
    Having twice lost my job in the UK due to outsourcing to India, I'll be giving National Bank a miss!

Peter
    Don't blame you mate, it's usury, no other word for it. The fees these banks charge will make your eyes water.....The Aussies are laughing all the way to the bank..................

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbob View Post
    Don't blame you mate, it's usury, no other word for it. The fees these banks charge will make your eyes water.....The Aussies are laughing all the way to the bank..................
    Agree, free banking seems to be unheard of over here. The Kiwi Bank does at least offer a fee free credit card which I'll apply for.

free credit card is off limits for me! no way I'm having another credit card after the trouble I've been in.

We are with Kiwibank and find them very good and easy to use.
    Also the cheapest mortage for us too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast