Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Small car suggestions

We have a Mazda Demio, and think it is really great. There are three models available, depending on the year of manufacture. We have a 2006 version, and I'd recommend it compared to your needs. Colour is Lavendar, which has provoked comments about my manhood, but I like a bit of individuality...

Here's a link to one for sale (if the link still works)
    http://www.thecaryard.co.nz/index/Ma...io_215149.html

5 doors, automatic or manual, 5 seat belts (lap belt in centre though), split folding read seat. Boot space is flat with seats folded and low sill to get things in the back. Taller than other similar cars (can get my mountain bike in with only needing to take front wheel off). Boot space still pretty good with seats up. Downside, I suppose, is that the tailgate is fairly large - just step back as you open.
    Manual 1300cc (what we have) is pretty nippy, but I guess automatics will be slower. Fuel consumption is great for us - 700km on 40l tank
    Parking is easy as it is still a small car.
    Don't know about fitting of child seats - you ought to get advice on that I guess.

Style wise is very debatable though ;-) depends on how wacky and individual your tastes are. Swift and Micra probably have better head turning appeal, but are not as practical from my perspective.

The older MK 1 style is similar to ours, but the newer 2007 model is completely different.

good luck hunting. Car buying can be fun, try out some funky models just for the joy...

I'm hoping the Canadian manufacturers of the "ZENN" (Zero Emissions, No Noise) all-electric car (the CityZenn due out in 2009 capable of highway speeds for a couple hours with a five minute recharge on the battery) will be available in NZ.

Sassy? Yes - esp the brilliant blue head turner.

Don't know if it'll hold 3 kids in back...but it will hold 20 cases of, well, you should watch this funny video to learn more about the Zenn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M88k6Ipp3c

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345