Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any UK expats having trouble receiving small parcels?

Default Any UK expats having trouble receiving small parcels?

Hi,

Just wondering if any of you have ordered parcels and failed to receive them?? Jan is having terrible trouble with about 6 parcels having either disappeared without trace or being returned to sender in one case.

Royal mail have started to use a firm called DX mail since about Xmas time which seems to coincide with the problems.

Just interested to see if anybody is having the same problem.

I don't think its just parcels - I haven't had ANY mail from the re-direction which started on 1 April. On checking with my old address, it seems that the post is still arriving there! Had an 'interesting' chat with the pen pushers at RM redirection service They took my money ok but failed to deliver the service.

Hello,

My nan sent us a parcel before christmas and we received it about 3 weeks ago!!

I think it may have had something to do with my nans wrapping skills though ....the royal mail practically re-wrapped it for her!

Quote Originally Posted by cappuccino View Post
    I don't think its just parcels - I haven't had ANY mail from the re-direction which started on 1 April. On checking with my old address, it seems that the post is still arriving there! Had an 'interesting' chat with the pen pushers at RM redirection service They took my money ok but failed to deliver the service.
    Hi Cappuccino

I cant relate to that, i have had no end of problems with RM since we moved here a year ago, they still cant get it right either!!

For monthes we had nothing, it was going to old address, they insisted it wasnt. My sister actually went every few weeks and picked the mail up, costing about £20 a time to post out to me - i had nothing refunded at all.

Still after a year, we are getting very few things through.

Sharon
    x

Quote Originally Posted by StevieD View Post
    Hi,

Just wondering if any of you have ordered parcels and failed to receive them?? Jan is having terrible trouble with about 6 parcels having either disappeared without trace or being returned to sender in one case.

Royal mail have started to use a firm called DX mail since about Xmas time which seems to coincide with the problems.

Just interested to see if anybody is having the same problem.
    We have had parcels take twice as long - still awaiting 2 parcels that were posted 3 weeks ago.

Also, just getting normal mail such as letters and birthday cards is a joke, redirected post............dont get me started!

DX mail are next to useless!! I work at the local Hospital here in Hastings and we use them (was Petes Post i am told) and the number of complaints we have and nothing is done!

MIL sent a mobile phone over to hubby, took a month to come, she sent it recorded. For a week hubby chased it, told by DX and NZ post that it was in country and had been delivered days before we actually came home and found it on our doorstep! They didnt want to know when i made a complaint!

Sharon
    x

Jan here,

the 'parcels' are a mix of both re direct and sending them direct. So can't blame it just on one service.

Yet I send stuff across and its there within the week normally if posted on the Monday!!

My poor mum in the UK can't send anything because they just aren't getting here.

One parcel has my DD birthday cards sent early for her birthday which was 23rd March (they were sent beginning of March)

Mum and sister both sent parcels for my birthday a couple of weeks ago and both arrived within a week. On the other hand I sent about 100 photo's to our old neighbors in the UK and the packet arrived with them containing the letter I'd written but all the photos were missing. Creeped me out to think there are all those photos of my children out there with some stranger.

I am sending birthday cards about 2/3 weeks in advance...back to the UK. SOme get there 'just in time'...others arrive within 6 days...odd!

Quote Originally Posted by willsken View Post
    Mum and sister both sent parcels for my birthday a couple of weeks ago and both arrived within a week. On the other hand I sent about 100 photo's to our old neighbors in the UK and the packet arrived with them containing the letter I'd written but all the photos were missing. Creeped me out to think there are all those photos of my children out there with some stranger.
    Nic

Thats happened to me to.
    Sent some pics of Kyle in his first school pics to family - some got there some didnt!
    It made me wonder who had got them...........spooky!
    I occasionally send prints of our blog to my step dad as he hasnt a computer, thanks god, they have all got there!

Sharon
    x

Quote Originally Posted by willsken View Post
    re photos - my best friend never sends photos directly after this happened and now uses an online service (UK based) which you upload your pix to and they can either send the actual pix or made into calendars, cards etc to the recipients.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast