Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waingaro Hot springs ........anyone been ???

Default Waingaro Hot springs ........anyone been ???

Hi

Just wondering whether anyone has been here ?

We are going up to Taupo, staying in a bach overnight in Acacia Bay, then going on to Rotorua.

Thinking of venturing up to Waingaro hot srpings, they look great..........Anyone recommend the Waitomo (?spel) caves ??

Trying to cram as much in as poss for the week and a bit we are off, when my sister flys in on Wednesday.

Would have loved to go on the Interislander for a few days, but bit pricey when you add everything up, travel to and from Hastings, accomodation.......gutted! but we can always do again!!

Sharon
    x

Hi Sharon

Never been to Waingaro Hot Springs but have been told they're not as good as they look on tv. Funnily enough just seen 2 adverts in space of 10 minutes for them. I've been told that Te Aroha hot springs are better. Again not been so no first hand knowledge/experience.

I can however highly recommend Waitomo Caves. Excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkpiggy View Post
    Hi Sharon

Never been to Waingaro Hot Springs but have been told they're not as good as they look on tv. Funnily enough just seen 2 adverts in space of 10 minutes for them. I've been told that Te Aroha hot springs are better. Again not been so no first hand knowledge/experience.

I can however highly recommend Waitomo Caves. Excellent.

Thanks Paula

Thast where i have seen them, about 3 or 4 times throughout the day!

Any ideas where Te Aroha hot springs are ??

Sharon
    xx

Te Puia maori experience and thermal pools in Rotorua is good. We went there today.

Waitomo caves are great, and there is a wonderful short walk next to Aranui cave (in Waitomo) which is beautiful, with caves, waterfalls etc. Lovely. In Taupo there is the De Bretts holiday resort which has very good hot pools plus a children's pool area, it's just off the road to Napier.

Also if you walk to the end of Spa Road in Taupo, there is a walk to a natural hot stream that you can bathe in for free. It tips out into the Waikato and is really beautiful.

The caves are great and well worth going too but I'd give Waingaro Hot Springs a miss, very old and the last time we went very unclean aswell.
    The Te Aroha ones are lovely & very clean but small, they are just in the centre of town can't miss them. If you are going to Taupo & Rotorua do the hot springs there they are much nicer.
    Have fun

Done Waingaro and i can say quite catagorically......waste of space!!!!. Yes the slides are the exception. Waitomo is alright, but on a personal opinion bit of a rip off. They are currently doing a 5 deal package for $125 pp.

Kim

Quote Originally Posted by Sam B View Post
    Also if you walk to the end of Spa Road in Taupo, there is a walk to a natural hot stream that you can bathe in for free. It tips out into the Waikato and is really beautiful.
    Not sure if I'm thinking of the same place but I think you mean 'Craters of the Moon' but I may be wrong. I usually am.

Waitomo Caves are absolutely magical. There's a point at which you feel as if you're floating in space - you aren't aware of the surface of the water at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast